Chapter 136

Bear-san Meets Marcus And His Party Again

When we reached the Adventurer’s Guild, we saw Marcus and the rest of his party standing near the entrance.

The three of them noticed us and rushed over.

"Yuna-san, why are you here?"

"More importantly, why are you with Shia-san…"

"Shia, what’s going on?"

Marcus, Cattleya, and Timor all started speaking at the same time.

"Hey guys, long time no see. Are you all doing well?"

"More or less."

"It has been a long time since I last saw you, Yuna-san."

"Yuna-san, it’s been a while indeed."

They all answered vigorously, but something was still bugging me.

"Marcus, what’s with the bruise on your face?"

"Ah, this…"

Marcus pointed at a purple bruise on his right cheek.

"My father hit me for putting everyone in danger with my selfish actions and not listening to your instructions. He got really angry. He even went as far as to ask me: ‘Who the hell do you think you are?’"

"And then he punched you…?"

Marcus laughed while pointing at his cheek again.

"He’s right, so this is normal. He also praised me, though. He said that it’s better to take action than to pretend not to see anything, but also told me to only take action after considering my strength, the strength of my allies, and the information we have on the enemy."

Now that he mentioned it, Eleanora-san had also told me something like that.

Well, all of this was partly my fault, but since Marcus had already accepted his punishment, there was nothing I could really say.

"I was really surprised the first time I saw his bruise. He came to the academy just a day after he was hit, his face still really swollen."

"Yeah, it really surprised me, too. It used to be a lot worse compared to now, after all."

"I was really wondering what happened when I saw him."

"You’re saying that he used to look even worse?"

Well, quite some time had already passed since the guard mission, and for the bruise to remain until now…

How hard did his father hit him?

"Is it okay now?"

"Yeah, it is. It’s no big deal, really."

Marcus lightly rubbed his cheek.

"You say that even though you made so much ruckus just when we touched it before?"

"I remember correctly, you even had tears in your eyes."

"Of course it hurt when you touched it the day after I had been hit."

Shia and Cattleya laughed as they reminisced about it, but I agreed with him.

Even though I had no experience with being hit like that, I knew that if you touched a swollen cheek, it would hurt. Honestly, even just imagining it made my cheek hurt.

Wasn’t it weird that when you saw someone else hurt, you started to feel the pain as well?

"What about the others; was it okay for you, or did people get mad at you too?"