Chapter 141

Bear-san Dives Into The Mine, Part 2

Jade-san’s party was able to easily kill the Earth Golems, and judging by what I saw, I should be able to do the same just by using wind magic.

The golems couldn’t move after their arms and legs were cut off. Well, that was true for all monsters.

Still, what would happen if I cut off the golem’s head?

Would it stop moving, or would it keep going? I should verify it.

It would be easier if it stopped moving after I cut off its head, like other monsters, but since Mel-san cut off its legs instead of its head, did that mean that there was no point in cutting its head off?

I kept following Jade-san’s party through the tunnel, still analyzing how they fought.

We encountered a few more Earth Golems along the way, but Jade-san’s party disposed of them without a problem.

Was it because a rank C party was just that strong, or were the Earth Golems just that weak? I didn’t know.

Either way, I had nothing to do.

Having it easy was great, but having nothing to do was boring.

I decided to take a look at the map, but only the parts we had already passed through had been recorded.

I had learned something really obvious soon after entering the mine; there were signboards at each intersection. They told which way the entrance was, or your destination if you continued down the path.

It was written in a code like A-1 and A-2.

A was the name of the tunnel, and the number specified which branch. For example, the tunnel labelled A-3 was the third branch of the main tunnel A, and A-3-2 was the second branch of A-3.

Well, it wasn’t really a complicated system. The path was straight for the most part, and there were big openings from time to time, proof that there had been some excavation there.

Still, even though there were signboards, the Bear Map was still really convenient.

Once I finished recording the path that Jade-san’s party took, I would like to do the same for the Idiot Rangers’ path. In games, it was common sense to have a 100% completed map, after all.

I used my detection magic again and found four Earth Golems in front of us.

I was bored and wanted to know the Earth Golem’s strength, so could you please leave one for me?

Since Jade-san’s party could easily defeat them, I didn’t really get a turn… but it would be weird if I suddenly complained about that.

Jade-san’s party checked the surroundings and decided to move forward; we quickly arrived at a big open place with three golems.

Huh? Where was the last one?

I checked with detection magic, and it was behind a big rock pile to our right.

It was in our blind spot, so Jade-san’s party didn’t know that it was there and started to run towards the three golems in front of them. No matter if it was one, two, or even three, the golems didn’t stand a chance against the combined attacks of the party. Even if there had been more golems, the party would have disposed of them in no time.

Well, since it seemed that they didn’t notice the one in the back, was it okay for me to attack it?

They overlooked it and just went past it, so it was probably fine.