Chapter 52

Bear-san Finds An Attacked Carriage.

The next morning, I got out of bed before the sun had risen.

It was still dark outside.

By all rights, it should probably be quite chilly, but I didn’t feel cold, thanks to the Bear Clothes.

When I went downstairs, I found Fina already up and about.

"Good morning, Big Sis Yuna."

"Good morning. Where’s Noa?"

"She is still sleeping. I didn’t want to wake her up."

"Then, I’ll be preparing breakfast, so please go wake her up."

I asked Fina to take care of Noa and began preparing the soup and bread that we had eaten for breakfast yesterday.

A drowsy Noa appeared in the dining room.

"Good morning."

"Sleepy."

"That’s because you’re usually still sleeping at this time."

"After we eat breakfast, we’re heading out, okay?"

Today, I mounted Swaying Bear before we continued towards the Royal Capital.

There was a village along the way to the Royal Capital.

We left after I purchased some fresh vegetables in the village.

On the third day after we left the town:

"Stop for a moment."

I made Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear halt.

"What’s wrong?"

"There are people battling against monsters in front of us."

"Really?"

I couldn’t see them from here.

The only reason I was sure was due to the Bear’s Skill.

When I defeated the Black Viper, I went up a level. The power of the detection skill also went up, so I could now detect normal people, in addition to dangerous elements like monsters and thieves.

Furthermore, I also became able to differentiate the type and rank of monster.

"How does Noa want to handle this?"

"Me?"

"My job is to be Noa’s bodyguard, which is why I don’t want to go towards dangerous places. Leaving you behind and going ahead is also out of the question. If something dangerous appears while I’m not around, I won’t be able to protect you."

"What if you leave the bears to guard us?"

"It’s impossible for them to fight with you two riding on top."

"Then, what if we go to a place near the monster attack together with you?"

"If the attacking monsters end up attacking you, it will be problematic for me, as your bodyguard."

"Do the people being attacked seem like they can win?"

"Well, even I cannot be sure from here, you know. Although, I can tell when a person or monster dies from the reaction."

In other words, do we go out after people have died, or rush in while knowing that it’s dangerous?

"……"

The 10-year-old Noa was seriously troubled.

"That was a joke. Let’s go save them. I’ll scout from afar. If it looks okay, we’ll leave them be, and if it looks dangerous, we’ll save them. However, if they are dangerous monsters, you must run away. Is this okay?"