Chapter 165

Bear-san Advances To Commerce Rank E

I had already decided on the present, but was that really the only thing I had to prepare?

Since I could make cakes now, maybe I should make a birthday cake for her?

Yeah, making a two-layered cake could be fun. I could also write "Happy birthday!" on it with colored fresh cream.

I should be writing it down on a chocolate plate, but I couldn’t do that without chocolate…

I had all the ingredients for making the cake, so I decided to try making it the moment I got home. It would stay fresh in my Bear Box, so making it in advance wouldn’t be a problem. Still, I should probably drop by Sherry’s place to see how the plushies were turning out first.

"Yuna-san!"

Just as I started to head towards the tailor shop, someone called out to me.

I turned around to look, and saw it was Riana-san from the Commerce Guild. She was the one who had helped me purchase my plot of land here.

"It’s been a while, Riana-san."

"Yuna-san, are you on your way to the Commerce Guild?"

"Not really, I don’t plan on going there today."

"Oh, did you come by yesterday?"

Emm, I hadn’t been to the Commerce Guild for quite a while since there was no real reason for me to go there.

Most (if not all) of the things concerning my shop were dealt with by Tirumina-san, after all.

Honestly, the only thing I had done myself had been the purchase of the plot of land.

"I was sure that you would have already gone there. Did Tirumina-san not mention it to you?"

"Tirumina-san? I haven’t really seen her the past few days. So, had something bad happened?"

"Oh no, it’s not that. It’s just that your Commerce Guild rank went up. Yesterday, I asked Tirumina-san to tell you to come to the Commerce Guild when you had time."

"My guild rank went up, huh."

I didn’t recall doing anything, though.

I had opened a shop, but I left everything to Morin-san, Anzu, and Tirumina-san. Well, the sales must be affecting my Commerce Guild rank, so it made sense for it to go up.

"Normally, it takes merchants a whole year to increase their rank to E, you know."

"Really?"

"Yes. A new merchant starting a new trade has to work hard to bring their sales up. It takes about a year to get their business run smoothly enough to rank up. Many merchants who don’t become successful in a year’s time just give up and quit."

Unlike at the Adventurer’s Guild, it was difficult to get to rank E at the Commerce Guild, huh.

"We still have to go through the procedure for increasing your rank, so if you have time right now, could you come to the guild with me?"

Hmm, now that I thought about it, even if I went to Sherry’s place now, she shouldn’t have made much progress since yesterday. It should be better to go there in the afternoon and just prepare the cake tomorrow, right?

Since I figured I was in no rush with other things, I decided to go to the Commerce Guild now.

"By the way, why are you here, Riana-san?"