Chapter 36

Bear-san Is Thanked By The Guild Master

I arrived at the guild so I could look for an interesting request.

When I entered the guild, my eyes met Helen’s.

I tried to go to the request board without stopping, but…

"Yuna-san!"

Helen shouted.

I would like it if you didn’t suddenly shout out when you saw people.

Aren’t the adventurers in the room looking over here now?

"What is it?"

"What did you do this time? I was told to tell you that the guild master wishes to see you whenever you arrived."

What was this lady saying, as soon as I walked in?

"Why? I didn’t do anything this time."

"Is that really true?"

Even if you look at me with suspecting eyes, I don’t remember anything.

I haven’t even accepted any requests these past few days.

Regardless of my feelings on the matter, I was taken to the guild master’s room again.

"Guild master! Yuna-san arrived, so I’ve brought her here."

A voice from inside called “come in”.

I entered reluctantly.

"For now, please sit down." 

I sat down in the chair that was closest to the entrance.

"Umm, it seems like I was called, but for what?"

"It’s about Gentz. I wanted to thank you."

"Thank me?"

"You cured Tirumina’s illness and also made Gentz get married, it seems?"

"That’s true, but why would the guild master be thanking me for that?"

"First, because I heard that Tirumina’s illness was cured by a rare medicine from your hometown."

Gentz was keeping quiet about how she was cured by magic.

If it was spread carelessly and people who wanted their illnesses cured came to me, it would become troublesome.

For that reason, we pretended that the illness had been cured by a rare medicine.

"Tirumina-san was a former adventurer here, so I wanted to check up on her when she fell sick."

"Was it for Fina’s sake, since she was working at the guild?"

"That’s right. I thought about how to help, even if it was just a little. However, it wasn’t possible to openly employ her, so we could only do it when there was a lot of work. That’s why I was grateful when you brought the wolves. You’re employing her even now, right?"

"I’m just doing as I like."

"It’s not just that. That fellow Gentz still hadn’t gotten married despite his age. I knew that he had feelings for Tirumina, but she was sick, and even though her husband was gone, she still had two kids. Then, suddenly, you came along, healed Tirumina’s illness, and supported Gentz’s feelings. That was why I wanted to express my gratitude. Thank you."

"You don’t have to worry about it. I intimidated them into getting married for Fina’s sake."

"And that wasn’t because you were worried about her, but because you wanted her to be able to concentrate on work, right?"