Chapter 123

Bear-san Regrets Going To See The Silkworms

The Black Tiger collapsed.

Even though I went easy on it, its ability to detect magic made this a difficult fight.

I managed to get its black fur though, so I was going to ask Fina to dismantle it when I returned.

"Yuna-san, did you defeat it?"

Shia came out of the thicket and asked timidly.

"Yes, I defeated it. It just took me a while to do it."

"I can’t believe it; you defeated a Black Tiger all by yourself…"

After Shia, Cattleya and others came out, too.

The four of them approached the collapsed Black Tiger. Aside from Shia, the other three were looking at the collapsed Black Tiger as if they couldn’t believe it. Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear came out after the students.

"Swaying Bear, Hugging Bear, thank you."

I gently stroked their necks when they approached me.

The wolves didn’t approach the students, and that was probably thanks to Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear.

I used detection magic to check where the wolves were, and saw them fleeing back into the forest in all directions. Did they scatter because the Black Tiger had been defeated?

Well, they weren’t a part of our job, so who cared.

"…………"

Marcus approached me as if he wanted to say something.

"What?"

"Y-you saved us. Thank you."

Marcus thanked me while stuttering.

"You’re right. Yuna-san, thank you very much. You really saved us."

"Yuna-san, thank you very much."

"Err, thanks."

The girls and Timor thanked me, too.

"Don’t worry about it. Protecting you guys is my job, after all."

Marcus seemed like he wanted to say something else, but he kept his mouth shut.

I was sure that he had some complicated feelings about being protected by someone he didn’t even consider to be an adventurer.

This should be a good lesson for him, though. You shouldn’t judge a Bear Person by their appearance.

The four of them were all poking the defeated Black Tiger. Staying here forever would be a waste of time, so I suggested that we should return to the village.

"With the way the things have turned out, wouldn’t it be best to return to the village for now?"

Nobody opposed my idea.

I put the Black Tiger into the Bear Box and made arrangements to go back. Well, I did say ‘arrangements’, but it was just disposing of the goblins, which the Black Tiger cruelly massacred. We didn’t forget to take the goblin magic stones as a proof of subjugation, either.

"Well then, you guys should return to the village first."

"You won’t come with us, Yuna-san?"

"There is something I want to check out."

"Check out?"

"The village chief was worried about what happened to the silkworms, so I’m going to take a look. Don’t worry; Swaying Bear will escort you to the village."