Chapter 44

Cliff’s Perspective (Feudal Lord)

The quantity of eggs seemed to be gradually increasing.

When I went to the village, I caught more birds.

Since it was inconvenient to do it close to the village, I went to a place a short distance away from the village to catch them.

Thanks to that, the number of Cluckers had increased to almost 300, and moreover, chicks were raised from the eggs.

On one such day, the feudal lord, Cliff, came knocking on the door to my house.

"Welcome, Cliff-sama. Is there something you need?"

For the time being, since he was a feudal lord, I greeted him politely.

"Yuna, there is something I want to ask you."

"What is it?"

"Why won’t you sell Clucker’s eggs to my house?"

Cliff’s Perspective

I finished my morning’s work and took a short break.

Although it was just looking over and signing some documents, there were a lot of them, so it was a pain.

While I was resting, the butler, Rondo, entered the office.

"Excuse me for intruding during your break."

"What is it, urgent business?"

"No, it’s not serious, but I think it’s advisable for you to hear it."

If Rondo said so, it probably wasn’t anything serious after all, but it was still something to be concerned about.

"Recently, Clucker’s eggs have begun to enter the town in large quantities, but it is a bit strange."

"What is strange about it?"

"Yes, at first, I could not figure out where it was circulating from. After that, if I gave out the name of the house Foschuroze, they would not sell it to me."

"Haa? What is that supposed to mean?"

"Every time I asked the person in charge of stocking the ingredients, I only got vague answers, and even after spending some time to ask politely, I didn’t get a response. Then, if I went to the other shops normally, I could procure it, but if I phrased it as a request from the Foschuroze family, they would “run out of eggs”, it would be impossible without a reservation, or I would simply be declined."

"What is this about?"

"Other than that, nobody wants to sell eggs to the Foschuroze family, I don’t know why. Even if I inquire at the Commerce Guild, they don’t seem to know anything about this. No matter what I do, I cannot get a response."

It wasn’t like it was a problem if eggs specifically could not be eaten, but it didn’t give a good feeling.

"There wasn’t any pressing work in the afternoon, right? Do you want to go take a look at the Commerce Guild?"

I finished my break quickly and headed to the Commerce Guild.

Although I didn’t make any appointments, I was able to meet with the guild master immediately.

"Well, if it isn’t Cliff-sama. What kind of business do you have today?"

The Commerce Guild’s guild master, Mylene-san, turned a suspicious smile towards me.

"Today, I’m not here to talk about work. There is something I came to inquire about personally."

"Is it something personal?"