Chapter 186

Bear-san Is Shocked When She Finds Out About Udon

The next day, Gran-san and Cliff came to thank me while we were in the middle of breakfast.

Noa and Gran-san explained how Zelef-san had helped save the party yesterday.

Many merchants and influential people had agreed to listen to Gran-san, but they were mainly talking about Zelef-san.

It made sense that if the royal head chef appeared, the people doing shady deals in the background would take notice and would have to pull back, knowing that the king might hear about what they were up to. After all, nobody was stupid enough to go against the king.

The other people that stayed wanted to learn more about Zelef-san, of course.

The reason given for Zelef-san coming was that it was because he was acquainted with Botts-san, and because the Foschuroze family’s Eleanora-san had requested him to go.

Now nobody would know that I had actually been the one who asked Zelef-san to come.

In the first place, most people would question us if they found out that a Bear had brought him here.

I always hated dealing with troublesome things, so I was happy with that explanation.

Many people had enjoyed and talked about the pudding as well. Some of them even knew about my shop in Crimonia.

One of them had asked Gran-san, “Do you happen to be acquainted with the bear?”

To that, Gran-san had whispered back, “Yes, she is my granddaughter’s friend.”

The person who had asked him had seemed surprised, so Gran-san had asked him why.

Wait, why had he whispered it?

Well, it was better than loudly exclaiming it so that everybody could hear.

"Okay, Yuna. I have to help out Old Man Gran for a while, so can I ask you to take care of Noa? If she starts acting selfish, I don’t mind if you shut her in her room."

"I’m not going to be selfish."

"Okay, that means you can hold back if you see anything bear-related, right?"

"That’s…"

Noa hesitated.

Wait, what did they mean by that?

"Okay, it’s a promise."

"Father, you’re so mean."

Noa showed a sour expression.

Gran-san then asked me to take care of Misa as well.

He told me that it was fine if I just played with them.

So, that was why we returned to our room after breakfast to play some more Reversi.

"The one who loses switches out with Fina."

"Okay. I’m not going to lose, though."

How were Misa and Noa not tired of playing this game yet?

I was already completely tired of it.

At first, it had been fun because I hadn’t played for a while, but it wasn’t a game that would normally be played for several hours straight.

If we at least had playing cards, we could play many different games. I should seriously consider making the cards once I got back to Crimonia.

"Do the three of you want to continue playing in the room? I’m thinking of going outside."