Chapter 98

Bear-san Goes Back To Mireera

When we got out of the tunnel, the sunset had already dyed the sea red.

A salty breeze drifted towards us, and we breathed fresh air.

"So pretty."

"You’re right."

"Thanks to the tunnel, Crimonia is now closer, so it would be great to spend holidays here."

"I agree. Should I bring my daughter next time?"

"I really didn’t think that it was possible to get to the other side of the mountain in one day, though."

"Going around the mountain is very time consuming, after all."

We moved towards the city while having this exchange and watching the sun.

When we arrived at the gates, I saw the man who greeted me the first time I had arrived at this city.

"Bear Missy! You came back."

The man happily rushed towards me.

"I wasn’t on duty when you left, so I was really sad when I couldn’t thank you, you know."

Now that I thought about it, a different guard was by the gate when I left town, huh.

"Allow me to thank you again. Thank you for saving the city."

The man thanked me. Somehow, it turned out to be really embarrassing.

"A lot of different people have thanked me, so you didn’t really need to say it. I received rice from all of you as well."

What made me the happiest was the rice they had offered.

Though on second thought, preferring a material thing over verbal gratitude was a little…

"So it seems. I also brought the rice that I had at my house. There wasn’t much, though."

"Is that so? Thank you very much. I will cherish it as I eat it."

When I said that, the man seemed really happy.

"Sorry to interrupt you while you are talking, but could you please let us enter now?"

Cliff interrupted our conversation.

"Sorry. Are you two missy’s acquaintances?"

"Yes, that is correct."

"May I see your cards to confirm it?"

The man returned to his job, and asked them to hand over their cards.

Cliff and Mylene-san obediently presented them.

The man proceeded to look at the cards, and his face gradually changed.

"……Count and guild master."

The man slowly handed the cards back and bowed.

"I’m deeply sorry. Please come inside."

"You don’t have to worry about it. No need to be so polite."

"That’s right. You don’t have to bow in front of a man like him."

Mylene-san said that as if it didn’t concern her at all, but didn’t her card surprise him as well?

We entered the city, and since the sun had already set, it was becoming darker and darker.

As expected, talking today would be impossible.

"It’s already late, but what do you want to do? If you want to go to the inn, I can show you the way."