•Chapter 17•

Kalel, Luke and Calum were all packed up and ready to go to Kalel's car outside the hotel. Luke wanted to go get a cup of coffee for the road and decided to get Kalel an iced tea and Calum plain old black coffee. Luke was standing in line until he felt a tug on his shirt. He looked down and saw an 8 year old girl and her notebook.

Luke searched around for the parent but instead crouched down to eye level with the girl. "What's up sweetie? What's your name?"

"Cindy. I really like your music."

Luke smiled and nodded his head while chuckling. "Do you want me to sign that?" He pointed to the open notebook that she had in her hands.

She nodded and gave it to him with a pen. He looked at it with a blank expression. To be honest, he'd never learned how to write with a pen before and he didn't want to mess his signature for his youngest fan.

Luke got up. "Hey. Can I go somewhere really quick? I want to tell my friend something?"

She nodded her head confused.

Luke fast walked to Kalel and Calum who were sitting there with their phones.

Calum looked up at him. "Mate. Where's our coffee? Don't tell me you forgot. We're both very tired at this time so a coffee would be nice, buddy."

Luke turned and looked at Kalel and heard Calum scoff. He sat next to Kalel and gave her his famous pout lip with the puppy eyes.

Kalel looked at him and smiled at him. "Yes?"

"Can I borrow a pencil?"

Kalel looked down to the pen that he had in his hands and back up to his face. "Luke, you have a pen."

Before he could answer, Calum interrupted. "He never got his penmanship."

Kalel looked at him and nodded her head while digging into her bag for the pencil.

Luke stared at Calum with a confused face. "What does that mean?"

Calum sighed and looked at Luke. "It means that you can't write in pen neatly as you can in pencil."

Luke nodded while signing his name in the notebook for Cindy. He quickly gave back the pencil and walked over to Cindy who was waiting patiently with her hands folded in front of her. "Here ya go."

She grabbed it from him and hugged his thigh while Luke chuckled and looked back to Cal and Kalel and smiled back at them. Cindy soon walked to Calum and asked for his signature and complimented Kalel about her vlogs and outfit that she wore.

Luke quickly got in line and ordered their coffees and brought them to Kalel and Calum while he drank his while taking a selfie and posting it on Instagram with the caption:

"Coffee is warm in my tummy and hanging out with @calumhood and @kalelkitten. :-)"

He posted it while looking at Kalel and Calum to see if they got the notification. They turned to look and Like while double tapping the picture and smiling. He loved just to relax and sit there and talk about his problems and happy memories they had with One Direction and All Time Low. They all shared laughs in between them and giggles.

All of a sudden, Luke's cellphone rang and he picked it up. "Hello?"

"Hey, bro."

Luke stood up quickly. "Ben?"

"Hey dude. How's the fame treating ya?"

Luke chuckled and smiled. "It's great! I'm just spending time with Calum and my girlfriend, Kalel."

There was silence on the other side of the call. Luke got nervous and thought that he said something bad.

"That's great. It's just that my kid is missing her uncles. Hey. When you're done, could you maybe come visit me and the family and you could bring Kalel with you too. Mom will love her."

Luke looked back at Kalel and sighed. "Ok. It's just that I don't really know when the tour is over and how long it would take to visit you guys."

Ben chuckled. "Ok take care bro and remember to call Jack. He's missing you like crazy since you're the youngest and you're our little baby kangaroo."

They both laughed while saying their goodbyes.

"Who was that?"

"It was Ben just asking when we'll come over and visit. While saying that his daughter misses us."

Cal laughed while shaking his head. They threw away their cups and got their bags and walked to Kalel's car and put the bags in the trunk. Calum went in the driver's seat and Luke sat in the passenger seat while Kalel sat in the backseat. The drive back to the hotel was easier than the drive to the zoo.

They finally reached the hotel and unpacked their things. They heard a knock on the door.

Luke opened it and it was Ashton and Michael. "Hey guys. What's up?"

"We have to go record the new album before.... Hi Kalel.... We can't be late."

They all nodded and left, leaving Kalel by herself. Luke went into the black van with the rest of the guys and talked about their vacation that they had and what they did. Luke left the little detail of him getting jealous at Kalel and Calum. They finally arrived at the studio and took turns recording their part for about 4 hours because Michael and Ashton kept messing up by laughing by just looking at each other. Calum decided to go get coffee and took Luke with him. They also had the option to leave and go back to the hotel since they were done with their part but they decided to stay because they wanted to be there for their best friends.

Luke and Calum were walking to Starbucks until paparazzi ran over to them while taking pictures and asking them questions.

"Luke, is it true that you have a girlfriend? How old is she? Did she meet you mum yet? Do you love her? Is she pregnant?" Luke kept walking and ignoring the ridiculous questions.

All of a sudden, Calum answered. "Actually, I'm the one with the girlfriend ad we've been dating for 3 months now. Is that what you fucking wanted to know? Huh, buddy?" Calum grabbed Luke's arm and pulled him into the coffee shop. Luke stared at Cal confused but quickly brought the coffee, payed and left the store and got into the black van.

They soon entered the quiet recording studio to find a sleeping Ash and Mikey and they were sleeping on the couch. Luke smiled while placing the coffees on the table and tiptoed to Michael and sat on his chest. Michael stirred in his sleep. Luke chuckled and woke him up. He slowly opened his eyes and smiled at Luke. "You guys are back!" "Yes we are." Cal answered as he gave them their coffee and earned a hug from both of them. Luke smiled at the three friends hugging each other. Luke had two questions that he had to ask Cal.

Why did he lie to the paparazzi? Did he really have a thing for Kalel?