•Chapter 23•

Luke sighed with nervousness. Tonight was the first award show that they were going to preform in a long time and it was the Kids Choice Awards. He forgot how nervous he always got when he preforms. He got his guitar and strapped it on his shoulder and across his torso. He drank a bottle of water and that kind of took his butterflies in his stomach away. Ash walked into his dressing room while singing "Stacy's Mom" his favorite song to sing of hum when he's getting fired up.

He stopped when he saw Luke standing in front of the mirror. "What's up mate?" He said while grabbing a bandana from his collection that he uses so that his hair doesn't go everywhere when he drums.

"Nothing. Just really nervous."

Ash nodded while tying the bandana in the back and making sure that it fits perfect by shaking his head up, down, left and right. Luke giggled of how funny Ash is before concerts.

"Don't be nervous and pretend that we're still in my garage practicing songs in front of our families."

Luke nodded while hugging Ash for helping him. Ashton let go and put his hand up to represent a llama and made Luke laugh the nervousness off. Ash left Luke by himself and he turned around to look at the mirror again. Luke could hear the crowd screaming their name and made him smile.

Luke walked out of his dressing room and out to the back of the stage with the boys. It was their turn to rock out and show them a good time. They were going to sing "What I Like About You" and show the crowd. The timer started off at 23 seconds on the big screen which made the crowd yell louder. Kalel got front row seats thanks to Matt.

He peeked around the corner and met with Kalel's eyes as she smiled at him. The timer was in 10 seconds which made Ash walk out to the drums and wave. Then Michael went out then Calum and finally Luke ran out to the very front of the stage to sing is part. The crowd roared wildly and made the band smile and blush at how many people love them and appreciated them. Luke sang the beginning.

[Luke:]

That's what I like about you

You hold me tight

Tell me I'm the only one

Wanna come over tonight?

Yeah

[Michael:]

Keep on whispering in my ear

Tell me all the things that I wanna hear

'Cause it's true, that's what I like about you

[Calum:]

What I like about you

You really know how to dance

When you go up, down, jump around

Think about true romance, yeah

[Michael:]

Keep on whispering in my ear

Tell me all the things that I wanna hear

'Cause it's true, that's what I like about you

[Luke:]

That's what I like about you

(What I like about you)

That's what I like about you

(What I like about you)

That's what I like about you

(What I like about you)

That's what I like about you

(What I like about you)

Hey!

[Ashton:]

What I like about you

You keep me warm at night. You hold me real tight

[Ashton & Calum:]

Never wanna let you go

Know you make me feel alright

[Michael:]

Keep on whispering in my ear

Tell me all the things that I wanna hear

'Cause it's true, that's what I like about you

[Luke:]

That's what I like about you

(What I like about you)

That's what I like about you

(What I like about you)

That's what I like about you

(What I like about you)

That's what I like about you, you

All of a sudden, a bunch of green slime came out from the back and totally drenched them at the end of the song which made Kalel and Luke both smile at each other. Calum, Ash and Mikey all came running and tried not to slip as they all hugged each other and whispered to each other

"As A Band"

which made them promise that they won't make each other suffer or regret joining the band in the first place. They had to go change clothes and go out to eat since they got hungry from preforming. Luke and Ash both were jumping around and shaking their heads on Mikey and Cal and made them laugh as slime flung everywhere. Luke high five the guys and hugged them again and smiled at them as he changed his clothes quickly and tried to find Kalel backstage. Luke made sure to lock the door as soon as he got into his dressing room because last time Michael barged in when he didn't have pants on. Luke left his dirty clothes in the back of the room so they would get cleaned up and washed when he came back.

He found Kalel walking towards him with her arms wide open and hugged him tightly. The concert was in the same arena and they had to play for one whole hour. If the awards show was tiring imagine a whole concert! Luke's stomach started to twist inside but he thought he was hungry for the all 5 of them left to eat at Nando's but had to come back early without fans finding out. They got to relax and eat like they were normal people with normal lives and jobs..... but they weren't! They finally finished eating, payed their check and went back to the arena and were getting pumped up with some Green Day on full blast.

Luke had more confidence when he played on stage now and he had more fun to be back on stage in front of thousands of people singing their songs that they wrote on a piece of paper in a dirty recording studio. Luke smiled at the crowd and just took in the dedication of the screaming fans. He truly appreciated their love and wanted to give back as much as he can. They sang and played games with the audience and made their day by signing things that people threw on stage for them.

Best Show Ever!!