•Chapter 37•

Luke, his family and Kalel were all leaving and heading home to Australia while Liam chose to head to Santa Monica to surf with some friends he met the other day. Luke looked at himself in the mirror and touched his hair. It was shorter now and so much easier to comb and keep it settled into one position and very soft as well. He chose to take a selfie of how short it looked on him. He took out his phone and took a picture of his reflection on a piece of art he found. He smiled and put away his phone while taking the last glance of himself and headed out the door and into the airplane.

The plane ride was shorter on the way back and he was getting major jet lagged and couldn't fall asleep. He kept asking for peanuts be jade he forgot to eat breakfast. The Hemmings, Angelica and Kalel were all exhausted and sleeping for the whole ride. Luke got bored very easily and didn't want to be alone so he nudged Kalel's side and kept trying to wake her up. He tried for the sixth time but she was a heavy sleeper and couldn't wake up that easily. Luke huffed in defeat as he played with his phone.

They finally arrived in the land down under which was Australia. They got in a taxi and left the airport and we're going back home for a couple of days. They arrived and they were all starving and wanted food so Liz asked to cook for them and they all agreed. Luke volunteered to take Angelica to her crib so that she could go to sleep. Angelica clung onto Luke and snuggled up to his neck. Luke smiled and rubbed her back with his palm. He carefully placed her on her back and tucked her in. He stood back while still looking at her sleeping face.

Wow. She looked exactly like Jack. Jack. When will he come home? He said that he was coming home when we came back yet I haven't heard from him.

Luke said to himself while he turned off the nightlight in the room and closed the door silently.

He walked downstairs and to the patio. Before he could walk outside, a knock on the door startled him. Luke sighed and walked to the door and opened it. Luke quickly hugged the stranger before knowing who it was. Jack. Jack was back and looked better and healthier than ever.

"Jack! How are you doing? Are you clean after all that rehab?" Luke asked the older Hemmings brother.

"Yeah but god do I miss you." Jack said while hugging Luke longer and ruffling his hair around. Luke disconnected from his brother's hug and fixed his hair in annoyance.

"The family's outside as well as Kalel. They'd be really happy to finding out that your clean." Luke exclaimed as he got followed by Jack to the patio. Luke coughed and tried to disrupt the family's conversation and bring it towards the act that Jack came back all in one piece.

Liz got up from her seat and couldn't believe her eyes while running to Jack and hugging him with tears already out of her eyes. Andrew chuckled while hugging Jack as well. They all hugged him including Kalel who had the biggest smile there.

Jack greeted everyone and pulled Luke to the side. "What about little Angelica? Can I see her or is it too early to see her and hug her like a father should?" Jack asked with puppy eyes just like Luke always used.

Luke rubbed his chin and told him that she's upstairs taking a nap. He nodded quickly and ran upstairs to see the sleeping bundle in the crib. Luke smiled and walked to were Kalel was sitting and sat next to her while putting his arm around her.

"Are you happy that Jack is back? Ooh, that rhymed." She asked.

Luke nodded. "Happier than ever actually. I wasn't ready for him to arrive the minute we touch Australia but it's nice to have one of my brothers here with me." He concluded while pecking Kalel on her cheek.

Man was he lucky. He had the girl, fame, friends and most importantly his family with him.