•Chapter 27•

Today Luke had to go to the dentist for a check up. Recently his tooth was hurting him while on tour and risked his singing abilities. Matt told him to get check on but he refused many times. Now it as a serious problem so he decided to take the day off from recording. He walked into the waiting room with a nervous smile. A woman asked him to sign some papers and he nodded and took a seat. He signed all of them and gave them back to the nice lady.

"Ok, Mr. Hemmings. Wait! Hemmings? As in Luke Hemmings from 5 Seconds of Summer?"

"Yep. That's me."

She nodded and smiled which Luke smiled back and sat back down. His palms were all sweaty and his face was whiter than Michael's ass.

"Luke Hemmings!" A nurse called out.

He nervously sighed and got up and tripped on his way. He got escorted to his room and st down on the dentist chair. He got a napkin put on his chest and waited for the dentist. He decided to take a nap while waiting.

A knock on the door woke him up. He coughed and woke himself up a little bit more.

The doctor had blue eyes, brown hair and a smiled on his face. "Hemmings! Long time no see. How you been?"

"Yeah. I've been good. I remember the last time I saw you which was like...a year go! Now I'm very afraid that's something is wrong with my tooth."

"Don't be afraid and nervous, nothing's wrong... I hope." He said while checking his paperwork. The dentist turned on the lamp that was above Luke's head and turned it on and aimed it to his mouth.

He checked, cleaned and touched each tooth to make sure nothing is hurting him. He finished and turned off the light while getting Luke's papers.

"So, what's wrong with my tooth?" The doctor sighed.

"You have to take your wisdom tooth out and need surgery. We need to do it today because it might keep hurting you while your singing. So if you need to call someone to pick you up that than do it because you can't drive while being drugged up."

Luke got up as fast as he could and looked at him with a scared expression. "No, no. Hell no! Fuck no!"

"I'm sorry Luke, I really am but it is a serious pain now that you've had it way too long."

Luke nodded and took out his cellphone ready to call his special person.

"Do you need some time to call someone? I'll leave anyways. I have to get the utensils ready for the operation."

Luke nodded again but soon turned to him. "Hey. Are you gonna do the operation?" Luke asked.

"Oh, no. Not me, probably a serious doctor will."

"Ok, I really don't want Louis Tomlinson to cut my mouth open."

Louis smiled and took his clipboard and left the room. Luke smiled and went into his contacts. He couldn't pick Kalel because she was recently recovering from a cold that she got and she refused to take medicine, Calum had to get his bass, more like his baby, fixed because Mikey tried to play it and didn't know that it was different than a guitar. It was between Mikey and Ash. Ash was a great driver but he always tried too hard to be young and trendy. Mikey was literally Luke's best friend and had so much in common.

He rang Mikey up and waited for his voice to answer.

"What's up mate?"

"Hey can you come to the dentist office that's on fifth street promenade and drive me home after. I have to get my wisdom tooth taken out and be drugged up so I can't leave without a responsible person."

"Sure I'll ask Matt to let me take the car. No worries, I'll be there. See ya."

They hung up and Luke sighed and waited for Mikey. Fifteen minutes later, Mikey ran into the room and scared Luke.

"Dude... I'm here... I need... To catch... My breath... Anyways, mate, I'm here for you any day and time."

"Thanks man." Luke answered.

He stood up and hugged Mikey.

He never wanted a better friend than him.

A knock on the door startled them. Louis came in and side hugged Mikey but stopped when the surgeon walked in with his assistant. Mikey rubbed Luke's back and walked out and into the waiting room.

Luke took a deep breath and sat back down in the chair. He watched the nurse, surgeon and Louis walk around the room and fixing their utensils.

"Here we go."

He saw Louis walk towards him with the numbing shot and gave him an apologetic look while putting the needle in his mouth and all of a sudden, he saw black.

Luke soon woke up with no pain and instead numbness. He looked around the room and found Mikey sitting in a chair next to him while on his phone. Luke grumbled to tell Mikey that he woke up.

Mikey looked up and saw his face. "Hey, buddy, you're awake. How do you feel?"

"A little bit cooky. I don't have any feelings right now. I want a pet penguin to love and to hold." Luke took out his phone and took a selfie and posted it on Instagram without a caption because he knew that he would put something weird and confusing.

Mikey giggled while helping Luke up and out of the chair.

"Can we go to Toys R Us please." Luke asked.

"We can maybe go get ice cream instead. Do you want that?"

Luke nodded while trying to get into the passenger side of the car. He got in but slammed his head on the top of the car because of his health.

"Woah! Be careful legs."

Luke looked at him serious. "Don't tell me how to live my life. Clifford."

Mikey rolled his eyes and closed the door and getting into the drivers seat and driving away from the dentist. They were one their way to Baskin Robbins until Luke said something out of the ordinary.

"Hey can we listen to some of my songs?"

"Sure." Mikey said while handing Luke the aux cord.

Luke fumbled to put in in the phone. Luke chose a song and pressed play. Mikey looked at Luke with wide eyes.

"There was a farmer who had a dog and Bingo was his name-o. B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was his name-o. Yay! I'm so smart. Right Mikey?"

He nodded and kept his eyes on the road.

They finished eating their ice cream and Mikey took Luke to his room and put him safely in his bed and tucked him in. Mikey was going to turn off the light but Luke was already asleep. The next morning, Luke woke up with the worst pain ever. The numbness woke him up and it felt as if something was stabbing him in the jaw.

"Owww!! Fuck!! Shit!! What the hell?!?" He kept saying loud and proud for the whole hotel to hear.

He crawled to his little freezer and took out a packet of cubes and put it on his jaw. Relief soon filled his mind and he took his phone and checked Instagram. He laughed when he saw his picture that he posted yesterday.

He's so silly!