•Chapter 34•

1 year later-

Kalel decided to take Angelica to the park which Luke decided to tag along. Kalel wanted Angelica to grow up and not know that her mom passed away and her dad turned to drinking as a solution. Luke decided to plan a trip to Sea World and take Angelica to see her first sea animal. They both walked holding hands with Ang being in the middle. Many people in the park gave them sweet expressions and smiles towards them. Luke wore his sunglasses since it was sunny but not hot and Kalel chose to wear an outfit that was appropriate for a children's playground. They chose a swing to put Ang on and she gigged while Luke pushed her high. Kalel saw how he was very gentle with her but wanted her to have fun. Kalel chose to sit on the swing that was next to Angelica. Today they were going back to America and also bringing Liz and Andrew as well. They don't really like to travel that much because they made their family her in Sydney so it would be strange to move around.

They finished and walked back to Luke's house to get everything g packed up. After the death of Maddie and Jack's rehab trips, Luke promised to himself that he would do anything to protect Ang because he still has some of his older brother's genes and DNA. They got all packed up and ready to drive to their airport which was near their house but not before Luke got a haircut and changed his style a little bit so that more people imagine him older than he really is. They got on the airplane to Los Angeles, California. They all got seated with Kalel and Luke by themselves and Ang with Liz and Andrew.

They arrived to LAX and Kalel couldn't be more excited to be back home even if it meant being there for a little while. They all got ready to drive four hours to San Diego to visit Sea World and Ang kept shrieking in happiness and joy. Liz told them that Andrew and her would take care of the excited toddler so that they could spend more time with each other instead of taking care of her because of how young they are. Luke first disagreed with them but them chose Kalel's thought and agreed that the needed more couple time without the paparazzi getting too in detailed.

They soon arrived at the theme park where Kalel saw the cute little whales and Penguins were having fun and swimming around freely. Luke found the hotel that they were staying in and go their things situated. Kalel finished unpacking and saw that Luke was giving her a weird but cute look.

"What is it?" She asked.

"We have this whole room to ourselves and I don't know what we should do here." Luke answered while sitting in one side of the bed.

She rolled her eyes and sat next to him.

"We could play a game or something."

"What game?" "We can play Monopoly on the iPad that your parents bought with them." 

Luke nodded and ran over to his parent's room to bring the iPad that they had. Kalel nodded and sighed to herself. She couldn't believe that Maddie passed away a year ago and it still felt like it was just yesterday. Jack never came back home after that and he promised that he got help for his addiction. She barley got to know her that day and she felt like she could've been good friends with her. Until this day, Kalel and the Hemmings family visit her grave where they decided to bury her and lay out flowers on it on holidays and her birthday.

Luke finally came back and they played monopoly until one of them won or just gave up. Kalel was good in the math department but Luke studied it for a living with his mom back in high school because of Liz's job since she was a math teacher there.

"I don't want to play anymore." Luke gave up and pouted while crossing his arms across his chest like a four year old did.

"Are you sure? We just begun playing you party pooper." She exclaimed while throwing the pillows from the bed on him.

"Oi! Quit being a turd K! You're gonna mess up my hair. Do you know how long it takes to quiff it up like this? Of course you don't. Your hair is just flawless and mine is just, poof." 

She just smiled at him and stopped her actions. "I guess I have to get you in your sleep, but your not gonna know when or where I might come and get you."  Kalel threatened him with an innocent expression.

"Ooh I'm so scared of a 5'4 girl . She's gonna hurt me with he tiny fists! Help! I feel hopeless!" Luke said sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes and smiled. They got out of their room and met Liz, Andrew and little Angelica downstairs in the lobby. They were going to ride some of the rides and try to see the animals that they wanted to see in real life.

They got to see the penguins, seals, dolphins and last but not least the great Shamu the killer whale. They all got seats in the splash zone since it was scorching hot that day and they wanted to show Ang what fun really was.

"I still remember when our family went here for a vacation one day and I still remember when Ben got a starfish stuff to his arm because he scared it and it clung to him."  Luke laughed and told the group. "Hey, mum why didn't Ben come along with us?"

Liz turned around and smiled. "Don't you remember Lucas. He's afraid of the water. He can't swim and he always thought that he was going to drown on a rainy day." She turned around after.

Luke nodded while trying to remember when Ben said something about that while grabbing Kalel's hand and intertwining their fingers together. Kalel smiled at the cute gesture but then her expression changed when the speakers announced that Shamu was getting ready and stoked to meet all of them. Ang started to bounce up and down on Liz's knee.

All of a sudden, Shamu sprang from the water and soaked Kalel and the Hemmings. Luke laughed while trying to clean his face. Kalel looked down at Liz who was happy, Ang who was giggling and Andrew who was trying to clean his sunglasses but had no purpose in cleaning because the whale was coming back. The whale got them like five other times through out the whole show and after they went to the hotel and changed clothes so that could go to a restaurant to eat some delicious San Diego food. Kalel grabbed Ang in her arms and started o braid her hair with Luke looking at them. She finished and put her back in the kids chair.

Luke nudged her and whispered in her ear, "I like how nice you are to kids in general. It makes me wonder what kind of mum you'd be." Luke smiled at her after saying that and kissed her cheek while finishing his feast in front of him. They finished the first day of their little vacation.

Luke and Kalel told Matt about his throat but they didn't tell him that he's feeling much better. Oops.