•Chapter 31•

Luke woke up feeling really and awful. He tried to talk but he couldn't get his words out at all. He texted Kalel to come over and talk to him. He paced around his room while holding his throat. He heard the door open to reveal a sleepy Kalel rubbing her eyes.

He ran over to her and embraced her. "Hey Luke. Are you ok?"

He shook his head and whispered to her, "My throat hurts. Every time I talk, my throat hurts really badly."

Kalel nodded and called up room service and ordered a warm cup of water with lemon and honey for his throat. The drink made itself to the room and Luke took it out of the waiters hands and drank it without hesitation. He hummed in happiness and calmed down a little bit.

"Luke, you have to see a doctor about this. I know that French doctors are different but please do it so that they can cure you for the tour. I want you to be able to sing and do your thing on stage."

Luke nodded and placed the empty cup on the bed table.

He was about to say something until Kalel placed her finger on his lips. "No talking. From now on you have to text instead of talking alright?" She asked.

He nodded and got out his phone.

He texted her,

"I really don't want to tell Matt about this."

Kalel looked up at him and smiled. "Luke you have to he's your manager and you can't hide his forever."

He nodded his head and sighed. Kalel sighed and kissed his head. "You should get some sleep so that maybe the drink can take affect ok?"

He nodded and got under the covers and looked up at her. He smiled and texted her something.

"Thank you so much babe. I don't know what I would do without you."

She looked at him and he gave her a dimpled smile and a wink after.

She rolled her eyes but smiled at him. "Anything you need, I'll be here quick alright?"

He nodded while sighing.

She left and closed the door leaving Luke all alone.

Luke soon woke up about three hours later. He walked out to Kalel's room and opened the door. He opened the door really slowly and saw that she was taking a nap as well. He closed the door and tiptoed to Kalel's bed and stood there and tries to make up an excuse to jump on her bed. He got a running start and belly flopped onto her bed and awoken her from her slumber.

She grumbled and turned to look at him. Luke knew he was in trouble so he stared at her with his blue eyes. "Luke, what are you doing here? I thought you were sleeping?"

He lazily took out his phone and texted her,

"I woke up earlier than I wanted to."

He smiled at her.

She nodded and sighed as she looked at Luke again. "We are going to the doctor's ok?" She asked.

Luke stared at her and nodded.

She took out a shirt and stared at Luke who was sitting on her bed. "Luke, I have to change so can you leave?" She asked politely.

Luke smirked and texted, "I don't mind ;)"

"Luke, no! Go to your room you little weirdo!"

He nodded and hugged her before he left her alone n her room.

A minute later, Kalel was ready to take Luke to his doctor's appointment. He felt nervous and it was the dentist appointment all over again. She was driving them to the best French doctor in the little city that they were going to. They arrived at the office and Luke didn't want to leave the car. When Kalel was going to open the passenger door for Luke, he locked himself in. When Kalel was going to unlock the car, he locked it again. The lock game was going on for about two minutes already. Kalel rolled her eyes and bribed Luke with food after they went through all the examinations that the doctor did to him. He disagreed at first but then his stomach growled so he agreed and got out of the car and followed her into the office that smelled clean to Kalel but like old people to Luke.

The doctor's name was Dr. Berling and his daughter was a fan of Luke's band so that meant that he had to take care of Luke and be extra careful. The doctor examined him and told him that in fact he had laryngitis and he has to take voice rest for two weeks. Luke kept  nodding and holding Kalel's hand. The doctor told him that he needed to take a rest from singing for only two weeks and Luke nodded because he wanted to get better. They said thank you and left to go eat.

Luke wanted to eat some Subway so he kept whining at Kalel to pass by and get  a bite to eat which she agreed. Luke wanted to order his own sandwich but she told him that she was going to order it for him. He told her his order and found a place to eat. Luke sat down and went on his phone. A fan noticed him and asked him if he could take a picture with her which he nodded furiously and smiled at her and bended down to take a picture with the short girl.

Kalel noticed that Luke took a picture and smiled as she took the food to the table and started to eat. Luke kept trying to play charades with her but she wasn't up for it. They doin got back to the hotel and stayed in Luke's room throughout the night until Luke fell asleep.