•Chapter 36•

Kalel woke up from the ding that came from Luke's phone. Kalel usually didn't read her boyfriend's text messages but since his phone was under her butt, she chooses to take a peek at the screen. It was a text message from Jack.

Jack? What was he doing out of rehab and why was he using a phone?

So many questions swam through her head but they stopped when Luke stirred in his sleep. She quickly put the known in the newsstand and later on her back and looked up at the ceiling.

She did that until Luke woke up from his sleep. He mumbled something and walked into he bathroom and closed the door. Kalel smiled at him until he walked away. She still couldn't believe that Hack got better and that he could take full custody of Angelica and grow up in her life. Part of her was disappointed at Luke for not telling her about Jack. They have been dating for a year and six months now and she thought that they couldn't hide anything from each other but she thought that Luke loved her and felt trusted with her.

Luke walked out and grabbed his phone. He smiled when he saw Jack's message and replied quickly. Kalel wanted to sound as innocent as she could and make him tell her himself.

She leaned forwards to Luke. "Who are you texting?" She asked friendly.

He looked at her and smirked. "Oh, just a random friend."

Kalel's face dropped and she stood up from the bed. "Luke. I feel like your lying to me." She said to him in a serious tone.

Luke stared at her with an unbelieved stare. "What are you talking about?" He asked.

"It's Jack, right? The "random friend" your texting. Luke, I looked at your phone and saw it so don't you dare pretend I didn't."

He sighed and stood up. "And? Is it a crime to text my older brother? Kalel, I miss him like crazy and this is the only way to keep it touch. Do you know how hard it is?" He asked now beginning to let out tears from his eyes. He sniffled and sat back down on the bed with his head in his hands.

Kalel sighed and joined him on the bed. "Luke, I'm really sorry. I don't know that it meant so much for you to text one of your brothers. I really thought that you were strong enough to keep it up but I guess I was wrong."

Luke nodded and laid his head on her lap and snuggled up to her legs. "I don't know why I didn't tell you before. I guess I was too scared of you judging me for being a softie."

She shook her head and kissed his temple. "If it makes you feel better, I sometimes think about Maddie. I think about how happy Angelica and Jack would be if she was still alive. Part of me knew that if I didn't tell Jack, he would've been more upset in himself than usual and I had to tell him because I made a promise to her before the horrible accident." She finished in tears which alerted Luke because one of her tears landed on his forehead.

He sat up and embraced her while whispering soothing words to her.

"What do we tell Angelica when she grows up Luke? Do we tell her that her mother left the house and never came back because she got killed? Or that her father turned to alcohol after she died?" She asked in hope of some guidance from Luke.

"Ben is still around. We could let him have her because he had always wanted a baby girl without the waiting. He is always at home with his girlfriend who can't have a baby because her organs aren't working properly." Luke stayed with guilt on his face. "Ben told me that I shouldn't tell anyone that but I did because your my girlfriend and I love you too much to completely lie to you." Luke said before kissing her and holding her hand.

"Thank you Luke. I remember the day that I met you and I also though that you were really cute and adorable. You lied about you whole name to me, Huke Lemmings!" She said and laughed at his expression which was a forgetful one.

"I can't believe I did that to you. Well at least you gave me your number. Ash was such a party pooper who ruined everything and made you leave." They talked and talked until they got a message that Liz, Andrew, Angelica and even Liam were all waiting for them on the first floor so that Bruce could enjoy their last day in Sea World before going back to Australia and welcoming Jack back.

They visited many seals, octopuses, lobsters, jellyfish and cute little penguins which made Luke's heart explode in happiness. She will never understand what goes on in the boy's head and the reason behind his love for penguins.

It was good that their relationship was built on trust and not keeping secrets as well.