•Chapter 39•

Luke woke up in his parent's house and in his old room with an empty place on his side.

He missed her. He missed her warmth in the morning and her annoying yet loveable laugh. He also missed her sarcasm.

He got out of bed and got greeted by Ben playing XBOX. Luke rolled his eyes while going to the kitchen to eat some Vegemite on toast for breakfast. He got all the ingredients and put them on the toast. He walked into the living room and sat next to the second oldest Hemmings brother. They talked until Luke asked him the question.

"Ben, when could you teach me how to drive?" Luke asked Ben which made him drop the controller on the cround with a thud.

Ben turned to look at him. "Where did this come from? Why do you want to learn today?"

"I always wanted to learn how to drive the other guys."

Ben nodded. "I'll teach you in around thirty minutes. Ok?"

Luke nodded fast while hugging him and leaving to go and tell Kalel. He was walking upstairs by then paused.

Did he want to tell Kalel or keep it a surprise?

He chose to keep it a surprise and tell her when they see each other again. He smiled at the plan and got ready for his first official driving lesson. He put on his usual red flannel shirt, black skinny jeans, sandals and his sunglasses. He waited for Ben to put on pants because he never wore pants while inside the house.

They both walked over to Ben's car and Luke went into the driver's seat and put on his seatbelt.

"Ok. You have your seatbelt, nice. Now check all tour mirrors and make sure they are perfect for your sight." Ben instructed.

Luke checked his sides and in front of him.

"Great, now put the car in drive and gently put your foot on the gas pedal." Ben said.

Luke turned the car on and put his foot gently on the pedal and the car moved forwards and Luke put his hands on the wheel. He drove perfectly with ease and patience.

Ben started laughing happily and patted Luke's back. "Your doing great little mate. Just pull up here and we can get some food for us since you know how to drive now. This is your congratulation prize since you love to eat." Ben instructed and Luke nodded while pulling to the side of the street and parking it.

Luke got out of the car and gave the ballet the car so they could park it for him. They went out to eat some Nandos and they had an exciting time talking about what happened in their lives in the last month. They finished and Luke got the car and drove all the way home. They got home and they both went to their rooms to play online FIFA on teir computers and compete with each other. Ben lost somehow and Luke win victory. He got a text from Jack.

"I heard that the youngest Hemmings learned how to drive today and totally aced it. - Jack.

Luke smiled and texted back. "It's true. I really did great and I only cried for thirty minutes. Just kidding. :-)."

They texted throughout the night until Luke got tired and ended up falling asleep and never answering Jack's question about Kalel.

The next morning, Luke went down I he kitchen and found Ben, Andrew and Liz all talking about him.

"He is just a born driver. I'm telling ya. He didn't even make a mistake and he looked like he was driving for his whole life."

Luke coughed to alert the family that he was there and visible.

"Are you guys throwing shade or is it just Ben?" Luke asked confusingly as he got an apple from the fruit bowl in the corner of one of the counters. He took a bite from the side of the apple and waited for them to answer his question.

Ben rolled his eyes. "I was just telling them that you did a great job driving bro. No need to get defensive." Ben scolded and smiled at the end. Luke wanted to time to pass already so that he could pick up Kalel in his sweet new ride.