206: Alive... or dead

July 25th - Prompt: Revenge

--------------------------

"You honestly think you can get away with it?"

Edmund swallowed hard. 

"It's your fault that I'm dead, you are the one who smashed my wand, and here you are thinking you can get away with it, get away alive..."

Edmund shuddered a little, taking deep breaths to try and keep himself calm.

"There's one thing you  should know about me Edmund..."

Edmund stared up at Her, now holding his breath. 

"I always get revenge..." Jadis whispered. "No matter if I'm alive... or dead."

--------------

Edmund's eyes snapped open.

He lay there for a moment, taking deep, shaky breaths until he was calm enough to relax against the pillows, wiping a hand across his forehead and not feeling surprised when he found he was sweating. 

He stared at the ceiling, heart pounding.

I always get revenge...

Edmund shuddered, his eyes slipping slowly shut. "It was just a dream." He whispered, careful not to wake Peter across the room. 

It hadn't been as bad as some of his nightmares, which he was grateful for, but it had left him feeling cold, so cold he buried himself beneath the blankets. 

"It was just a dream." He repeated, and continued to repeat over and over again under his breath, until he sighed. "It's not real." 

You're right, Dear one. The witch can never hurt you again, I can assure you of that.

Edmund lay there for a moment, before he smiled weakly, and sense of comfort rushing over him. 

After a couple of minutes he was falling asleep again, feeling safe after Aslan's voice, after all he was right... The witch was dead, it had only been a dream, and she would never get her revenge, no matter how bad she wanted it.

---------------------------