245: Closure

September 2nd - Prompt: I regret nothing

----------

Au

-----------

Peter sat on his bed, staring out the window at the ocean, tears in his eyes.

Today was supposed to be wonderful, today was supposed to be a day to remember, a day of laughter, of games, of joy.

But no, for Peter, it was one of the worst days since coming to Narnia.

Today, was Edmunds 13th birthday.

Or, it would be his 13th birthday, if he was still alive.

Peter swallowed hard, the image of Edmund bent over the witches wand, which was embedded in his stomach, flashing before his eyes, and he had to squeeze them shut and shake his head for it to go away.

Taking a deep, shaky breath, Peter opened his eyes again and glanced back out at the ocean, his heart pounding and aching as he sat there.

He missed his brother more than words could even describe, and he hated that he wasn't there anymore.

He missed his smile, his laugh, his hair, his eyes, everything, and the thought that he would never see his brother again, broke his heart in two.

He couldn't cope with it, couldn't handle all the different emotions. It had only happened perhaps just over a month ago, so all these feelings were new.

After a moment he lay down on his bed, tears spilling over his cheeks.

He couldn't do this, he couldn't...

He just wanted his brother back.

And after a while, he burst into tears, crying so long and so hard that eventually, he cried himself to sleep.

-----------

Peter didn't know how long later it was that he woke, but he did immediately become aware of the fact that he was no longer laying in his bed.

Blinking tiredly, and groaning at his pounding headache which had come from crying himself to sleep, Peter slowing sat up, blinking in the bright light.

Looking down he noticed he had been laying on sand, and ahead of him was an ocean covered in what looked like lilies, which confused him beyond words.

Stretching a little he turned around, utterly outstanded to see a giant wave in front of him, and for a moment he panicked, until he realised that the wave wasn't breaking anytime soon.

Blinking and waking himself up more, he slowly stood, his heart pounding as he looked around, trying to figure out if this was a dream or not...

It felt like one... but at the same time, it really didn't.

Rubbing at his eyes, Peter sighed a little, before spotting something in the distance.

No, scratch that, spotted someone in the distance, walking towards him.

Peter swallowed hard, frozen to the spot as he tried to get a good look at the person, which was a struggle for a while, before they got close enough.