300: I will never hesitate

October 27th: Prompts - I need a hug

-----------

Susan took a deep breath as she wandered through the camp, rubbing at her eyes and yawning slightly.

It had been an extremely long day, and she was absolutely exhausted, not to mention still getting over the fear of nearly losing her little brother.

She stopped when she reached her tent, slowly turning to her right, to Peter and Edmund's tent, where her brothers were.

For a moment she thought about going in, but in the end she shook her head and decided to give the two of them some time alone, after all, they really needed it after today.

Sighing to herself, she pulled back the flaps of her tent and stepped inside, stopping dead though when she saw Peter sat in a chair next to Lucy's bed, and Edmund in the bed, laying under a thin blanket to keep him warm enough, and fast asleep.

Peter looked up, biting his lip. "You don't mind?" He mumbled, gripping Edmund's hand. "He - He wasn't comfortable in the hammock."

Susan smiled gently. "Of course I don't mind." She whispered, pulling up another chair and sitting opposite Peter. "Why would I?"

Peter gave her a greatful smile, before his eyes slipped shut.

"Maybe you should get some sleep Peter?" Susan suggested sadly. "You're exhausted."

But Peter quickly opened his eyes and shook his head, his grip on his brother's hand getting a little tighter. "No, no," He whispered. "I'm fine here."

Susan stared at him for a moment, before turning her head to look at Edmund, who looked so peacful just laying there. "He's gonna be okay Peter." She whispered gently.

Peter swallowed hard when she turned to face him again, before taking a deep breath. "He's not okay." He whispered. "He's still in pain..."

Susan bit her lip, hesitating greatly before plucking up the courage to ask the dreaded question. "Peter?" She murmured.

"Hmm?" Peter replied quietly, running his thumb over Edmunds too pale knuckles.

"What happened?"

The whispered question made Peter's heart skip a beat, memories flashing before he eyes before he could stop them... But he knew Susan deserved to know.

"I told him to leave," He whispered. "We - We were outnumbered, I didn't want him hurt, and when the witch came, I couldn't have him stay, so I told him to get you and Lucy, and go home."

Susan nodded slowly, unsure where this was going. She had a feeling she knew just who had stabbed Edmund, but she needed it confirmed.

Peter swallowed hard. "He left, I saw him leave. Mr.Beaver grabbed his hand and pulled him away, he left..." He took a deep, shaky breath, forcing himself to continue. "So I carried on fighting, until I heard something that almost sounded like glass smashing, so I turned, and there was Edmund, stood in front of the witch... He'd broken her wand Su, smashed it to pieces."

Susan's mouth opened slightly, and pride filled her for a second as she looked to her little brother, smiling weakly.

Peter swallowed hard. "She wasn't happy, and she disarmed him easily," He whispered. "He looked so scared, so - so scared. She - She used the broken wand, straight through his stomach, no mercy, no regret." He paused to let out a choked sob, his hands shaking slightly. "I watched everything, I was too far away to get to him before she did it, the - the minotaur, wouldn't let me get away. I watched it all, she - she twisted the wand inside him, pushed it so deep, I could see the look on his face like it was right in front of me. Agony, pure, sheer agony, he - he looked like he just wanted to scream... But he didn't, he couldn't... he couldn't scream.
I screamed... his name, couldn't keep it back, she pulled the wand back, and I - I could see the blood, dripping from the tip, he collapsed, stared at her in utter defeat before his legs buckled and he fell, and I swear I heard the thud as he hit the floor..."

Peter stopped, choking on his tears and unaware that Susan had moved to pull him into a hug.

"Okay, shhh," Susan whispered. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't of asked."

But Peter sniffed, shaking his head. "You - You deserved to know." He whispered.

Susan rested her cheek on the top of his head and sighed. "It's over." She tried to reassure him. "It's all over. Edmunds alive, he was saved, the witch is gone and she can never hurt him again."

It took a while, but eventually Peter's tears slowed and he calmed down, slowly pulling away from his sister as he took a deep breath. "Sorry." He whispered, wiping at his eyes.

Susan returned to her seat and shook her head. "Don't be Peter," She said gently. "Don't ever be sorry for getting emotional, you had every right to break down, and I'm not going to hold it against you."

Peter gave her a weak, grateful smile, but turned to Edmund when he whimpered quietly.

Peter practically held his breath as he hoped Edmund would settle again, but instead his little brother curled himself into a ball, his hand making its way to his stomach and pressing down hard, gripping the night shirt he was wearing as he began to shake.

Peter moved the the edge of the bed, placing his hands on Edmunds shoulders. "Ed?" He murmured. "Eddy, open your eyes, come on."

When Edmund did nothing but let out a quiet sob, Peter moved his hands down to Edmunds hands, slowly pulling them away.

He pressed his palm to Edmunds stomach, but jumped back when Edmunds eyes snapped open and he choked on a gasp.

Peter and Edmund locked eyes for a moment, before Edmunds face scrunched up in pain and he curled himself back into a ball, shaking as he wrapped his arms around his stomach.

Peter was terrified, he knew Edmunds scar was causing him pain, but he didn't know what to do.

Edmund's tears fell fast, the ache from his stomach slowly turning into a stabbing, sharp pain. "Please, please stop. It - It hurts, I - I need it to stop, I - I need a hug, I need - need it to stop!"

Peter had a strong feeling that Edmund hadn't meant to say any of that aloud, but he'd heard him loud and clear, climbing onto the bed and pulling Edmund close.

Edmund froze for a moment, before curling into his brother's arms, shaking. "It - It hurts." He whispered, voice cracking.

Peter nodded slowly. "I know, I know." He choked. "Just take deep breaths, deep breaths, in and out."

Susan hesitated, before standing. "I'm gonna find a healer." She said quickly,  before dashing from the tent.

Peter watched her go, before pulling Edmund closer. "Deep breaths." He murmured. "I know it hurts, it's gonna be okay."

Edmund buried his face into Peter's neck, shaking for the next ten minutes before he began calming down, coughing weakly and whimpering.

Peter was relieved he had calmed down, but worried he was still in a lot of pain. "Ed?" He whispered.

Edmund choked slightly, shaking his head. "It still hurts." He mumbled.

Peter nodded slowly. "I know, and it's going to." He told him softly. "I know it sucks, but it'll heal soon, I promise."

Edmund took a deep breath. "I - I love you." He choked out, his voice shaking as he tried to get closer to his brother.

Tears sprung to Peter's eyes and he swallowed hard, pulling Edmund practically into his lap and hugging him close. "I love you too." He whispered. "And I will never hesitate to tell you that ever again."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡