260: It was worth it

September 17th - Prompt: Hold on

------------

Kind of a "bonus part" if you like, of Elden Castle 😂 I wanted to add something :)

----------

"Come on," Peter breathed, standing and pulling away from his brother. "We should get going, it's a long journey home."

Edmund swallowed hard. "Don't remind me." He whispered.

Peter sighed a little, but wrapped an arm around Edmunds waist for support, going to lead him from the room.

But the second Edmund put weight on his right foot, he choked on a scream and collapsed to his knees, his eyes squeezing shut in agony.

Peter was startled by this, and instantly turned around to kneel in front of his brother, confusion covering his face. "Ed what's wrong?" He asked, heart pounding.

He'd given his brother the cordial... he shouldn't be in anymore pain.

Edmund took a deep, shaky breath, calming himself before he finally opened his eyes a bit. "My - My ankle." He whispered.

Peter frowned.

Edmund sighed. "It was broken." He whispered. "Did - Did you set it before you healed me?"

Peter swallowed hard, slowly shaking his head. "We - We couldn't feel your pulse," He whispered. "There was no time to set it."

Edmund bit his lip, leaning forward to rest his head on Peter's shoulder.

"Let's have a look." Peter mumbled, pushing him away.

Edmund sighed, but let Peter see.

Peter nearly threw up at the sight.

Edmund's ankle was swollen, red, purpled with bruises. It lay at a funny angle, and all in all just looked gross.

Edmund hissed in pain when Peter pulled up his ripped trouser leg, wincing as he tried to keep back a cry.

"The cordial has healed it wrong." The healer stepped in. "As the bone was broken and possibly out of place before the cordial, without us setting it, it's healed as it was."

Peter felt more than a little sick, but took a deep breath. "Can you fix it?" He asked hesitantly.

The healer seemed to think for a moment, before slowly nodding. "It's possible." He said. "But it would mean breaking the bone and then putting it back into the right place."

Edmund choked slightly, and Peter heard. "Wouldn't that hurt?" He all but whispered, sounding horrified.

The healer hesitated. "I can give him something that will numb him?." She suggested. "He'll be drousy and pretty out of it for a while."

"Like putting him to sleep?" Peter questioned.

The healer frowned a little. "Sort of." He said slowly. "He'll be awake, but as I said, pretty out of it. He'll feel some pain, but not nearly as much as if he was wide awake."