278: The Siren - Part Two

October 5th - Prompt: Take us home

-----------

Peter sat atop the Griffin, staring down at the bright blue ocean as it flew, hoping and praying that he'd see any sign that his brother was still alive.

He sighed after another few minutes, sitting up a little more as he shielded his eyes from the sun. "Anything?" He asked.

The griffin shook his head. "I'm afraid not, your majesty." He replied.

Peter nodded slowly.

"Maybe we should find land?" The Griffin suggested. "Rest for a few hours before continuing."

Peter ran a hand over his face, rubbing at his eyes, but he nodded. "Yeah okay." He murmured. "But only for an hour."

The griffin agreed to this, and quickly set about finding a small patch of land, nothing much there, just a large patch of sand really, like a sandbank, but it was good enough to rest on for a while.

Peter lay on the sand, staring up at the sky, tears stinging in his eyes.

He had to find Edmund, and he would, even if it was the last thing he ever did.

☆☆☆

Edmund took a deep, shaky breath, licking his dry lips and swallowing hard.

He squinted in the sun, which was slowly setting, shining directly in his eyes over the horizon.

Edmund was currently terrified. It was getting dark, and he knew that would not be pleasant, being in the middle of the ocean, unprotected, tied up, on a rock, in the pitch black, scared him more than he would ever care to admit.

He was still extremely weak, and getting colder by the second, not to mention the whole side of his face was covered in blood from the gash on his head, which wasn't very comfortable. 

He had tried so hard to think of a way to escape, but he just couldn't. He couldn't swim away, his hands and feet were tied together, plus, even if he could swim, there was no land for miles... he'd never survive.

Squeezing his eyes shut he forced back tears for the hundredth time, shivering as he lay on the uncomfortable stone, his head pounding and heart pounding.

He was starting to get hungry now, not to mention thirsty, and he was getting dehydrated fast, which also worried him.

He sighed, swallowing hard again, before he heard a splash.

Edmund froze, his heart skipping a beat before beginning to pound, he heard another splash, and choked a little.

He hardly dared open his eyes, but eventually forced himself too, and froze in shock when he saw, of all things, a woman, staring at him, half in the ocean, arms up on the rock.

Edmund swallowed, unsure what to do or say.

The woman, or by now Edmund had guessed Mermaid, was... stunning to tell the truth. Beautiful red hair, piercing blue eyes, smooth skin, a gentle smile, and from the reflections in the water, a pastel purple tail.