302: The plan was to not get hurt

October 29th - Prompt: I have an idea

---------

"Well this is a nice change of scenery."

Peter raised an eyebrow at his brother. "It's a prison cell." He muttered.

Edmund turned and glared slightly at Peter. "I was being sarcastic." He grumbled, wandering over to the barred door.

The door was made of wood, except for a little bit in the middle where you could see through into the hallway, bars making sure you couldn't stick even an arm through.

"There's a guard outside." Edmund muttered.

Peter sighed. "Of course there is." He breathed. "They aren't taking any chances."

"Why would they." Edmund sighed, walking back over and sitting down next to his brother. "They've got two Kings locked up ready to release for a ransom, they're gonna make a killing."

"I hope Susan and Lucy are smart enough not to give them the money." Peter breathed.

"They are, don't worry."

Peter smiled a little, taking a deep breath. "You okay?" He asked quietly.

Edmund swallowed hard. "Yeah." He replied. "I'm okay. You?"

Peter nodded slowly. "Yeah." He whispered.

Edmund sighed. "So, how we gonna get ourselves out of this one?" He asked.

Peter was silent for a very, very long time, before he stood. "I have an idea." He said quietly.

"Oh thank Aslan." Edmund grinned, jumping to his feet, "What is it?"

☆☆☆

Peter nodded from where he stood behind the door, staring down at Edmund who was laying on the floor over the other side of the cell.

Edmund glanced at him and nodded back, before taking a deep breath and calling out for help.

His voice got louder and more desperate as time went on, before the door was unlocked and the guard came rushing in.

He spotted Edmund on the floor and scowled, heading over and kicking him hard in the stomach. "Shut up you filthy-"

"Hey." Peter snapped, having snuck up behind him.

The guard swung around, only for his face to be met with Peter's fist, knocking him out instantly and sending him crashing to the floor.

Peter took a deep breath, quickly kneeling beside Edmund who was struggling to breathe after the brutal kick.

"Breathe Ed, come on." Peter soothed, heart pounding until his brother managed to choke in a small amount of air. "That's it, deep breaths."

Peter gripped his shoulders until his breathing was back to normal, sighing when he started coughing. "The plan was to not get hurt." He said softly.

Edmund smirked through coughing, before taking a deep, shaky breath. "Well," He choked. "You know me."

Peter smiled sadly. "I do." He breathed, helping Edmund sit up once he'd recovered, and guessing the kick had been rather well placed over his lung. "What do you say we find our way out of here?"

Edmund smiled and nodded. "I say that's a very, very good idea."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡