253: My brother, and my King

September 10th - Prompt: Who am I

---------

Edmund sighed a little as he walked into the room he shared with his brother, spotting Peter laying in his bed, staring up at the ceiling with a distant look on his face.

"Dinner's ready." He said quietly.

Peter didn't move.

"Come on Pete." Edmund sighed. "I know you skipped lunch, you need to eat."

Still, Peter just lay there, not showing any signs that he'd even acknowledged Edmund.

Edmund slowly walked over to his brother, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "You okay?" He asked.

Peter bit his lip, finally moving so he was looking at Edmund. "I don't know." He whispered.

Edmund nodded slowly, they'd only today gotten home from the professors house, and all four of them still hadn't quite come to terms with the fact that they were back.

Peter took a deep breath. "Who am I now Edmund?" He choked. "Who am I without Narnia, without my people, without my crown and my throne?"

Edmund stared at him. "You are High King Peter the Magnificent." He said firmly. "Whether you're in Narnia or not, that is always who you will be. A King, and a Brother."

Peter stared at him for a moment, before turning back to the ceiling. "It's hard to believe that when you're not treated like a King..." He whispered.

Edmund sighed. "I know." He agreed. "But me, Susan and Lucy will always treat you as a King."

Peter bit his lip again, before taking a deep breath.

Edmund smiled gently, before standing from the bed, only to kneel on one knee on the floor a second later. He bowed his head low, noticing Peter slowly sit up. "You will always be my King Peter." He murmured. "My brother, and my King, til the end, no matter what."

"Oh Ed..." Peter whispered, slipping off the bed and onto the floor beside his brother, pulling him up straight and pulling him close. "You're my King too." He murmured.

Edmund smiled as he hugged him back. "Once a King of Narnia, always a King Peter." He reminded him. "You're still every inch the High King you were in Narnia, and that's the honest truth."

Peter squeezed him tightly, placing a light kiss to the top of his head as Edmund relaxed into his arms.

He nodded his head, tears in his eyes, before he smiled softly, sniffing. "Thank you."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡