230: Treason - Part One

August 18th - Prompt: In the middle of the night

-----------------------

"It is a pleasure to visit such a beautiful Kingdom your majesty, and even more of a pleasure to be staying in a castle as grand as this one."

Peter smiled warmly. "It is a pleasure to have you here, Sir. Aiden." He said, shaking the man's hand after he'd straightened from his bow. "I hope you will enjoy your stay with us." 

Sir. Aiden smiled back at the High King. "I'm sure we will." He said, turning a little to his men, before nodding at Peter. 

"Tumnus here will show you to your rooms." Peter said, giving the faun a thankful nod and smile. "Now if you will excuse me, I have some things to be getting on with, we hope to see you at the feast tonight." 

"Of course your majesty, of course." 

Peter smiled as he left the room, quickly spotting Susan walking down the corridor. "Hey, Su." He said quickly, hurrying over. 

"Peter." Susan smiled. "You okay?" 

"Yep," Peter breathed. "Our guests have arrived, Tumnus is showing them to their rooms now." 

"A little early aren't they?" Susan questioned with a small frown. "I didn't think they were coming until lunch." 

"Yeah, they arrived a little early." Peter agreed. "But don't worry, everything was ready for them anyway."

Susan smiled. "Well that's good." She said. "Where are Edmund and Lucy?" 

"In the library last time I saw them." Peter replied. "Edmund said he had some paperwork to do and Lucy opted to join him." 

Susan nodded. "Do you mind letting them know that lunch will be ready soon?" She asked. "I've got some last minute preparations to finish for the feast tonight." 

Peter chuckled. "Of course you do." He breathed, smirking when Susan raised an eyebrow at him. "But yes, I will go and let them know." 

"Thank you..." Susan breathed. "I'll see you in a minute then." She added, already heading off down the corridor. 

"See you in a minute." Peter called back with a chuckle, before walking off towards the library.

--------------------

"Really, wine?" 

Edmund rolled his eyes. "Oh come on," He grumbled, gripping the goblet in his hand. "I'm eighteen years old, you cant stop me." 

Peter sighed. "I guess not." He mumbled. "But not too much mind, I don't need a drunk Edmund on my hands." 

Edmund raised an eyebrow at his brother. "Do you honestly think I'd get drunk in front of our guests?" He muttered. 

Peter chuckled at the tone of his voice. "I guess not no." He said gently. 

Edmund nodded firmly, before smirking. "Hey remember that time you got drunk?" He teased.

Peter's smile faded and turned into a full on glare. "I was not drunk." He muttered under his breath, noticing Sir. Aiden making his way over. "Mention it one more time and I'll throw you over that balcony."

And with that he faked a large grin and turned to the approaching man, "Sir. Aiden," He welcomed, very aware of Edmund stood behind trying to hide a laugh. "I trust you are enjoying yourself?" 

Sir. Aiden clapped his hands once and grinned. "Very much, very much." He breathed. "You Narnians really do know how to throw a party." 

Peter smiled. "Well, Queen Susan planned most of it." He said.