217: You should know by now

August 5th - Prompt: Ask for help

----------

"You know, it's okay to ask for help..."

Peter's head snapped up, and he sighed a little when he saw his brother stood in the doorway. "Go away." He grumbled.

Edmund shook his head slowly. "You could probably swim in this much paperwork." He pointed out, making his way into the room and over to Peter. "Let me help."

"I can do it." Peter said firmly, sitting up straight after being slouched in his chair for the last ten minutes.

Edmund sighed. "It's three o'clock in the morning." He told him. "You should be asleep, and you're not, which tells me that you have way too much to do, way too much to handle, so all I'm asking if for you to let me help."

Peter swallowed hard. "You have your own things to deal with." He said.

Edmund smiled gently. "But I can easily find time to give you a hand." He said. "But for now we are both going to get some sleep."

Peter couldn't be bothered to argue, but did raise an eyebrow at his brother. "Why are you awake?" He asked.

Edmund laughed nervously. "Got carried away with a book, decided to go get a drink from the kitchens, then saw light coming from your room." He explained.

Peter sighed. "You and your reading." He muttered, but he did however stand up and stretch.

"Goodnight Peter." Edmund murmured, watching him.

Peter rolled his eyes, knowing Edmund wouldn't leave until he was in bed and settled. "Night Ed." He sighed, wandering over to his bed.

Edmund smiled a little. "You should know by now that I'm always here if you need help." He said gently, before slowly leaving the room.

Peter climbed into bed, nodding a little. "I know." He whispered to himself, before laying down, and within ten minutes he was fast asleep.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡