218: I let you down

August 6th - Prompt: Lost

-------------

"Truth is.." Edmund whispered. "I'd be lost without you."

Peter swallowed hard and glanced up at him, tears in his eyes. "I failed though." He choked. "I failed to protect you, how-"

"You didn't fail me Peter." Edmund told him. "I failed you."

Peter stared at him. "You didn't fail me." He whispered, shaking his head.

"I did." Edmund replied. "Deep down you know I did. I disappointed you, I let you down, I bet you never thought in a million years that your own brother was capable of betraying you. I let you down."

Peter took a deep breath. "Did you really mean what you said a minute ago?" He asked quietly.

Edmund smiled weakly. "What..." He said. "That I'd be lost without you?"

Peter nodded a little.

Edmund laughed softly. "I meant every word." He breathed. "You're my big brother Peter, and I love you more than I ever thought I would, you've been with me through the worst time of my life, held me on the worst day of my life, and I'm not going to forget that. I mean it Peter, I would be lost without you."

Peter swallowed hard, before smiling a little. "Does that mean I get a hug?"

Edmund rolled his eyes playfully, "Just this once I suppose." He muttered, wrapping his arms around his brother's shoulders.

Peter hugged him back, squeezing his eyes shut.

"You never failed me Pete." Edmund whispered. "You never have, and you never will, that I know..."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!! 😍😂💜