363: My socks...

December 29th - Prompt: What happened?

------------

Peter sat, going over the rest of his maths homework. He had a deep frown on his face as he stared at the ridiculously hard algebra problem, and no matter how much he tried, he just couldn't make heads or tails of it.

"Oh I give up." He grumbled, throwing the book aside and flopping dramatically down on the sofa, burying his face against a cushion.

He could almost see the expression on Edmunds face as he watched him fall, and sat up again to look at him.

"That bad is it?" Edmund asked, something of a smirk on his face.

Peter glared at him. "I'd like to see you try and work it out." He muttered, and watched as Edmund leant over and took the book. "That's it, I'm gonna fail my GSCE's, I'm gonna fail my maths, I'm gonna have to do it again in college."

Edmund chuckled, staring at the paper. "You're not going to fail Peter," He told him.

"If you can't figure that out then I have no hope." Peter told him. "You're so much smarter than me! You could probably do better in year 11 than I could, let's just swap classes, you go off to college and I'll just re do the last few years, I need it."

"And now you're being dramatic." Edmund said, glancing up at him. "It would take me a while, but I could figure this out, and then I could go through it with you if you wanted?"

Peter sighed. "Lemme know when you've worked it out." He grumbled, before standing from the sofa and wandering into the kitchen to find himself a snack.

He sighed as he sat at the table, munching on a cookie as his mind wandered.

They'd been back at school for a week now, and after fifteen years in Narnia, he was extremely rusty with literally everything an English school would teach.

His whole school year was a year behind because of the war, so the fact that he was a year older than he would've been, made him feel even worse for feeling like he'd fail at least his maths... and maybe science, he hated science.

He was seventeen in April, and as he took another bite of his cookie, he couldn't help but let his mind wander to what would happen if he did fail his maths and redoing it at college.

He looked up when someone entered the room, and all his thoughts were abandoned when his sister limped into the room, a rather bad gash on her knee, and tears in her eyes.

"Lu," He breathed. "What happened?"

He stood, walking over before leading Lucy to sit down on the chair, getting a good look at her skinned knee.

Lucy sniffed. "I was playing and I fell." She mumbled. "It was an accident, but now I've got blood on my socks, and - and Mum won't be - be happy."

Peter shook his head and looked up at her. "Don't be silly, Mum won't mind." He said. "You hurt yourself Lu, the least of your worries is your socks."

Lucy sniffed again, wiping at her eyes.

Peter sighed. "Come on, we should get this cleaned up," He said. "You okay with that?"

Lucy nodded, sniffing again before even smiling gently. "Thanks," She whispered.

Peter smiled back softly, placing a quick kiss to her cheek. "Come on then,"...

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
There's only two more one shots 🥺