249: I'm not Dad

September 6th - Prompt: Take it back

----------

"Why do you never do as you're told?!" Peter snapped.

Edmund stared up at his brother. "You can't tell me what to do Peter." He argued. "I'm a King, plus, you're not my Dad."

"I'm as good as." Peter snorted, which shocked Edmund.

Peter had never tried purposely to act like a father to his siblings, believing in keeping his own role as older brother, and sometimes High King around his siblings.

"I told you not to go out Edmund." Peter said firmly, raising his voice "And what did you do?"

"So what if I went out?" Edmund asked. "I fancied a walk."

"In the dark?! Peter muttered, shouted. "You blatantly ignored me Edmund!"

Edmund snorted. "What are you gonna do about it?" He snapped.

Peter glared at him for a very, very long time, before taking a deep breath. "You're grounded." He muttered.

Edmund did a double take, staring in surprise at his older brother. "I'm what?" He asked.

Peter shrugged. "You heard me." He said simply, turning to pour himself a glass of water.

Edmund nearly laughed. "You can't ground me." He snapped. "I'm a King."

"I don't care." Peter said firmly. "You're grounded."

"What the heck has gotten into you!?" Edmund cried. "You're not my Dad Peter, you can't ground me!"

"I can and I will!" Peter roared, swinging back around to face his brother. "For once in your life will you just listen to me and do as you're bloody well told!"

Edmund swallowed hard, before taking a deep breath. "Fine," He whispered. "I'll be in my room if you come to your senses."

"Rude git."

Edmund swallowed hard when he heard Peter mutter this as he left, but decided not to turn around and question him, and instead just carried on walking until he'd left the room.

--------

Three hours later, Edmund was laying on his bed, in his pajamas, staring up at the ceiling... wide awake.

Despite it being 1am, he just wasn't tired at all, he had too much to think about, like what on earth had gotten into Peter today?

He never acted like this.

Peter believed in being an older brother to his siblings, sometimes a parental figure rather than their father, after all, he couldn't ever bring himself to take his Dad's place.

Of course there were times where he had to put his foot down, take care of his siblings in a way perhaps only an older brother could, but this was extremely out of chatcter for Peter, and Edmund was concerned more than anything... although he was rather upset.

He was a little confused when he heard a quiet knock on his bedroom door, sitting up and staring at it to see who came in.

"Ed? You awake?"

Edmund took a deep breath... Peter. "Yeah." He eventually replied.

A few seconds of silence followed, before: "Can I come in?"

Edmund bit his lip. "Sure." He sighed, crossing his legs and fiddling with his fingers.

The door opened slowly, and Peter walked in, looking beyond guilty.

He didn't say anything until he was sat down on the edge of the bed, when he sighed. "I'm sorry." He mumbled.

Edmund bit his lip, nodding slowly.

"I shouldn't of yelled at you like that." Peter continued. "I had no right to ground you, I'm not Dad, and I'm sorry."

Edmund sighed. "I know you're sorry." He murmured.

Peter glanced at Edmund. "If it helps, I take it back." He said gently.

Edmund stared at him, before smirking a little. "So I'm not grounded?"

Peter shook his head slowly. "No," He breathed. "Definitely not."

Edmund smiled gently. "Is anything wrong?" He asked. "Just, what you did wasn't really like you."

Peter ran a hand through his hair. "I'm just stressed is all." He murmured. "I've got a lot of work to do."

Edmund nodded slowly. "I'm sorry." He breathed. "I probably stressed you out even more going out alone in the dark."

Peter shrugged. "I had no reason to get stressed over that." He admitted. "I trust you, and its perfectly safe, so I'm sorry about that."

"Don't worry Pete." Edmund reassured him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"So are we okay now?" Peter questioned.

Edmund smiled gently, nodding. "We're alright." He breathed.

Peter looked releived. "Good." He murmured. "Fancy a day out tomorrow?"

"Didn't you say you had work to do?" Edmund said, raising an eyebrow in amusement.

Peter shrugged. "It can wait," He said. "After all, I've gotta make it up to you."

Edmund chuckled gently. "I'd love to." He said softly.

"Then you should get some sleep." Peter pointed out.

Edmund nodded. "I should." He agreed. "And you too."

Peter chuckled gently, nodding. "And me too."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡♡☆