239: Something's not right: Part One

August 27th - Prompt: Traitor

---------

"I hope you're ready for later."

Edmund smirked, glancing up from his book. "Oh I'm ready." He said. "I'm wondering if you're ready."

Peter chuckled. "Of course." He grinned.

"Everyone knows I'm gonna win." Edmund teased.

Peter glared playfully at him. "You don't know that." He told him.

Edmund laughed. "I'm not called the best swordsman in Narnia for nothing." He reminded his brother.

Peter stared at him for a moment, before smiling. "I'm good too don't forget." He said.

"I'm better." Edmund replied, smiling. "I won the last duel."

"There'll be a lot of people watching." Peter pointed out. "You'll hate that."

Edmund shrugged. "I'll be able to ignore them all." He told him. "After all, I'll be concentrating on beating you."

Peter shook his head with an amused smile. "Well we'll see." He said. "See you down there in an hour."

Edmund nodded. "See you in an hour."

-------------

Edmund smiled to himself as he headed off to get ready for the duel, feeling extremely excited... after all it was always great to beat Peter in front of hundreds of people.

Of course the duel was just for fun, no injuries ever came of it, after all Peter and Edmund wouldn't dream of ever hurting each other. The winner was usually the one who could disarm the other first, and the loser was the one with a sword to their neck, which had been Peter every time but one, which is why Edmund was feeling pretty confident about today.

He was heading up to his room to get changed into his armour, as it was only half an hour until the duel, and he could already hear all the people outside.

Walking into his room he smiled, he liked stuff like this, where he could just have fun with his brother, that and beat him in front of everyone, he chuckled to himself as he walked over to where his armour had been laid across his bed.

"Looking forward to the duel?"

Edmund jumped at the voice, spinning around and drawing his sword, pointing it at the hag stood in the corner of the room. "How did you get in here?" He demanded.

The hag laughed, taking a few steps forward. "That is of no concern to you." She said quietly.

"As the King of Narnia I demand you to answer my question." Edmund said firmly.

The hag didn't seem phased by this. "I don't have to do anything you tell me to." She said. "But you on the other hand, are going to do everything I tell you to."

"I'd never do anything for a hag." Edmund spat. "Now either leave and never return, or suffer the consequences."

The hag smiled. "You're wrong, little King." She told him. "You are going to do everything I tell you, because you aren't going to have a choice."