290: Everything

October 17th - Prompt: If I could tell her

----------------

If I could tell her

How she's everything to me

----------------

Edmund sat in the icy cell, staring up at the barred window, if he could call it that anyway, he couldn't really see out of it.

From what he could see though it was starting to get light outside, which meant any moment now the witch would come marching in and take him off to track down his siblings, and kill them. 

Edmund swallowed hard at just the thought, and the guilt that he felt weighed him down like a rucksack full of bricks. He truly couldn't believe what he'd done, he had betrayed his own family, had been selfish enough to turn them over for a box of sweets, and he deserved nothing less than the lashes he could currently feel stinging his back, not to mention the many bruises that were making themselves seen. 

He should've listened to Lucy...

Edmund's heart ached at the thought of his little sister. She had warned him, she had told him that Jadis wasn't the real Queen of Narnia, she had all but warned him that she was evil... and he hadn't listened, he had ignored her, just like he always did. 

He swallowed hard, blinking back tears as he stared at the shackles holding him captive... Oh why hadn't he listened?!

As he sat there, he couldn't help but think of Lucy, his little sister, with her bright blue eyes, her contagious laugh, her brilliant smile, and he found himself just wanting to burst into tears. 

He missed her so, so much, and if he could tell her anything right at that moment, it would be how much he missed her, and how much she truly meant to him. 

Lucy was Edmund's world, she always had been, and he knew he'd been a pretty crappy brother over the last two years, and he would never forgive himself for it, but if he ever got out of the situation he was currently in, he promised himself that he would make it up to her, and he would tell her how she was everything to him... absolutely everything.

----------------------