220: Says you

August 8th - Prompt: Breakfast

-----------

"Why aren't you eating?"

Edmund jumped harshly, rolling his eyes as he turned to face his brother. "Don't do that." He grumbled.

Peter sighed, sitting beside him at the empty table. "Sorry." He murmured. "I just realised you've been sat here for at least half an hour and haven't touched your food."

Edmund glanced at him. "What," He said. "You've been spying on me?"

Peter raised an eyebrow. "No." He said firmly. "Just," He shrugged. "Keeping an eye on you."

Edmund sighed, turning back to pushing his food around his plate.

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." Peter pointed out.

"Says you." Edmund responded.

"Says most people." Peter corrected.

"Don't you have a lesson to get to or something?" Edmund grumbled.

Peter frowned. "Ed what's wrong?" He sighed. "It's not like you to just, not eat. Especially Breakfast."

Edmund hesitated, but sighed. "Fine." He muttered. "I don't feel well, like, at all."

Peter stared at him. "You are looking a little paler than usually." He noticed, nodding slowly. "Why don't you go see the nurse? With any luck you'll be sent back to bed."

Edmund smiled weakly. "That does sound good." He murmured.

"Go on," Peter said, nodding towards the door. "Let me know what happens."

Edmund hesitated.

"You aren't going to cause any trouble Ed." Peter told him. "It's the nurses job, that's what they're there for."

Edmund sighed. "Yeah I know." He breathed.

Peter clapped him gently on the shoulder. "Off you go." He said. "Unless you want me coming with you."

Edmund stood. "Yeah," He muttered. "No thanks."

Peter chuckled. "If I don't see you at lunch I'll take that as a sign that you've gone to bed." He said. "That gives you the morning to sleep before I come up."

"Oh Aslan help me." Edmund grumbled under his breath, a teasing tone to his voice.

"I'll come up earlier if you're not careful." Peter warned playfully.

"No, no," Edmund said. "Lunch is fine. I'll see you then."

Peter nodded slowly. "See you then." He said, grabbing Edmunds arm when he suddenly swayed. "Woah." He murmured. "Ed, you okay?"

Edmund nodded slowly, gripping the edge of the table as he stood there, Peter slowly standing beside him.

Peter frowned. "Are you-"

But he never got to finish his sentence before Edmund doubled over and was sick all over the cafeteria floor.

Peter quickly hid him from the view of the suddenly staring students, running a hand up and down his back. "I'm taking you to the nurse." He said firmly once Edmund had finished.

Edmund didn't even both arguing and only nodded, although his face did go red when he heard muttering voices and perhaps even some muffled giggles.

Peter turned sharply to the practically silent room, glaring at anyone who was either staring or smirking. "Go back to your food the lot of you." He growled, before turning back to his brother. "Come on," He breathed. "Let's get you to the nurse and then into bed."

Edmund nodded slowly as he stood. "Sounds good."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡