316: There's hope for Susan too

November 12th - Prompt: A park bench

------------

Edmund sighed a little as he spotted Peter, sat on a park bench just ahead of him, face buried in his hands.

Wandering over he sat quietly down beside him, taking a deep breath. "You've gotta stop coming out into the snow with no coat on." He mumbled, wrapping Peter's coat, which he'd brought from home around his brother's shoulders.

Peter removed his face from his hands, sighing as he sat up a little and slipped his arms into the coat, pulling it tight around him and shivering slightly.

"You okay?" Edmund murmured after a moment.

Peter swallowed hard. "I want her back  Ed." He choked out. "She's changed so much."

Edmund hesitated, before nodding slowly. "I know," He whispered. "But Peter, I changed too, but now look at me. You changed, now look at you." He paused for a moment to take a deep breath. "If there was hope for me and you, there's hope for Susan too, we just have to keep praying to Aslan."

Peter glanced at him and gave him a small, sad smile. "That's always a good thing to do." He whispered.

Edmund smiled back at him. "Of course it is." He replied. "Now come on, I've got some money in my pocket that I'm gonna use to cheer you up."

Peter raised an eyebrow at him. "How?" He asked curiously.

"Well the cafe down the road does an amazing hot chocolate." Edmund pointed out, standing from the bench. "As well as an amazing chocolate cake."

"Hot chocolate and chocolate cake?" Peter said, amused.

Edmund shrugged. "Why not." He said, holding out his hand. "You coming?"

Peter stared at him for a moment, before grabbing his hand and standing. "Thank you." He murmured.

Edmund nodded a little. "Don't mention it." He breathed. "And try not to worry about Susan too much, She's in Aslan's paws."

Peter smiled. "I like thinking of it that way." He said with a small nod.

Edmund smiled. "She'll be okay." He reassured his brother. "Aslan knows what he's doing..."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆