235: Necklace

August 23rd - Prompt: Time

--------

It had been a long, long time since Susan had really felt happy.

How could she ever feel happy again after what had happened? After that awful accident that left her with no one.

After her family were ripped away from her, and at such a young age... Lucy was only 17...

Susan took a deep breath at the thought of her little sister, her hand immediately going up to grip the necklace that was around her neck.

The necklace had been Lucy's, she'd bought it when they had returned from the professors when she was young, and had worn it almost everywhere.

Susan had found it whilst going through some of her sisters things, and had decided to keep hold of it, and wear it.

The necklace gave her a sort of comfort that she couldn't place her finger on, whenever she wore it, she felt safe, and it was hard to find out why....

But everytime she so much as looked at the Golden lion dangling from the chain, she very nearly smiled.

Gripping the lion in her hands, Susan took a deep breath, preparing herself to go through the rest of her siblings things, after all they couldn't just sit there forever.

As she went through box after box, she was well aware of the necklace around her neck, as well as the comforting feeling she couldn't quite understand.

But all would be revealed in only a few minutes, when she'd find her sisters Bible, and finding that, was a turning point in Susan's life...

But that's another story, for another time.

This is a story about Susan, and Lucy's necklace, which Susan wore every day without fail, right up until the very end.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡