255: Cry

September 12th - Prompt: Praise you in this storm

---------

"And I will praise you in this storm..."

Peter took a deep, shaky breath as he helped Edmund into his tunic, trying to ignore the horrible, sickening scar on his stomach.

Edmund clenched his teeth to keep back a hiss of pain as he slipped his arms into the sleeves, relaxing a little now that he was out of that uncomfortable chain mail... that apparently hadn't done much against Jadis' strength.

Peter stared at him for a moment, before swallowing hard and sitting on the hammock next to him, twiddling his thumbs anxiously.

Edmund noticed this, and placed a hand over Peter's, causing his older brother to look up at him, tears in his bright blue eyes.

Edmund gave him a weak smile, before taking a deep breath. "Go on." He whispered.

Peter swallowed hard, shifting uncomfortably.

"You've already cried into my shoulder today." Edmund said gently with a tired chuckle. "I'm not gonna judge you for doing it again."

Peter took a deep breath, choking a little on the tears he was trying to hold back, before he pulled Edmund close, being extremely gentle though.

"I'm not gonna break." Edmund whispered gently, his voice light and teasing.

Eventually, Edmund ended up practically in Peter's lap, his brother's arms wrapped tight around his shoulders, but he didn't mind, if anything he was thankful for the closeness.

Ever since his time with the witch, he hadn't liked being left alone, by himself, he'd freak out, and he'd found himself craving physical touch, like hugs and stuff, and he put that down to the endless days of pain and torture, he found comfort it his siblings hugs, especially, it would seem, Peter's hugs.

When his older brother had hugged him on that battlefield, it had meant more to him than anything ever had, and had shown him just how much he really had missed his relationship with his brother.

He buried his face agaisnt Peter's neck and wrapped his arms around his waist, deciding not to squeeze, he was in too much pain to do that.

Peter clung to him, and in the end he couldn't keep back the tears any longer, and was sobbing into Edmunds shoulder within seconds.

Edmunds heart ached, and tears pricked his own eyes, burying his face further into his brother's neck to let him know that he was safe and he was alive.

After a few moments he heard Peter whispering to himself, or someone else, and Edmund wasn't sure if he even knew he was speaking out loud.

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you."

Edmund swallowed hard, squeezing his eyes shut and taking a deep, shaky breath.

Peter was thanking Aslan for his brother's life.

Even though Peter was traumatised by what had happened, even though he was still crying over it, even though his heart was probably broken in two, he was still thanking Aslan, and Edmund eventually couldn't help but smile a little.

Peter, after a while, stopped muttering under his breath and swallowed hard. "Don't - Don't you ever scare me like that again." He choked out, shaking so hard Edmund was worried.

But he only nodded a little, squeezing a little to comfort his brother despite the pain it caused him, and took a deep breath. "I'll try not to."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆