256: You can't do it

September 13th - Prompt: Don't give up on yourself

-----------

"E - Ed-" Peter choked, voice shaking. "Please, put the knife down."

Edmund shook his head, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Edmund Please!" Peter cried. "You can't do this to yourself, you can't."

Edmund swallowed hard, trembling from head to toe.

"I - I know it's hard." Peter murmured, trying to stay calm. "I know what you did still haunts you, but you can't just end everything. I'm here to help you Eddy, I always have been and I always will be, please, just don't give up on yourself."

Edmund took a deep, shaky breath, "It - It's what I deserve." He whispered, voice barely getting past his lips.

Peter's heart shattered. "No," He said firmly, inching his way closer to his brother. "No its not. You deserve to live a happy, long life Edmund. You deserve love and Forgiveness, and I promise I will make you see that in time, because it's true."

"I - I betrayed you..."

"I know." Peter said with a slow nod, taking another step or two forward. "I know you did, but you made up for it, in the end you sacrificed your life to save me, to save so many Narnians, and that just proved to me how much you've changed."

Edmund bit his lip, holding the dagger in his shaking hand. "I - I can't-"

Peter hesitated. "You can't do it." He corrected. "You can't push that knife, if you'd wanted to, you'd of done it by now."

Edmund let out a small sob, shaking his head and squeezing his eyes shut.

Peter took this opportunity, taking the last few steps before gently taking the knife from Edmund, dropping it onto the floor and feeling so relieved when his brother did nothing to stop him.

Edmund choked on his tears, falling to his knees.

Peter caught him, lowering him gently to the ground and pulling him into a comforting hug. "I love you Edmund." He whispered, shaking. "More than you will ever wrap your head around. So please, please, never give up on yourself, because you mean everything to me, and everything to a lot of people."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡♡☆
Sorry for the lazy one today 😂 I really couldn't be bothered for once 😂