331: Heat stroke - Part Two

November 27th - Prompt: Fly

------------

"Stay awake for me Ed." Peter murmured, bringing Edmund's head into his lap. "You're gonna be okay."

Edmund swallowed hard, in so much pain his head was pounding, and feeling so sick from the heat stroke he just wanted to throw up and get it over with. "W - Water." He choked out. "Please, I - I need - water."

Peter nearly started sobbing right then and there, but he forced back his tears and stayed strong for his brother. "I know, I know." He murmured. "But I - I don't have any."

Edmund took a deep, shaky breath. "It - It was horrible." He coughed.

Peter wasn't sure whether he meant being sunburnt or whipped, but he knew each was equally as horrible. "You'll be okay." Was all he managed to force out, stroking Edmunds hair back from his sweaty forehead.

His head snapped up when the cell door burst open, and a guard appeared with a bowl of what seemed to be water and a cloth.

He placed them on the ground, before smirking at Peter. "Let him drink it, ward off the heat stroke, or clean his lashes with it so they don't get infected," He said. "There's not enough to do both so chose wisely."

And with that he left, locking the door behind him.

Peter stared at the water, knowing it was cold and clear, and would help considerably with Edmunds heatstroke, but he also knew it would clean up his back and prevent any infection.

"Water, please." Edmund suddenly whispered.

Peter had a battle in his mind for ages, before he grabbed the bowl of water and sat Edmund up. "Here," He whispered, leaning him against him and placing the rim to his lips. "Drink this, it's water."

Edmund coughed a few times, before he began drinking, becoming more desperate with every sip, before it was all gone.

Peter dropped the bowl, and pulled his brother close. "Better?" He whispered.

Edmund nodded slowly. "Y - Yeah." He choked. "Thank you."

Peter nodded a little. "We need to get you out of here." He whispered.

"How?" Edmund slurred, eyes slipping shut again.

Peter sighed in frustration. "I'll find a -"

He stopped dead when suddenly the door slammed open, clearly forced open, and he saw Orious stood on the other side.

"Orious!" He breathed, eyes widening.

"My Kings." Orious said, hurrying forward. "I need to get you out of here."

Peter nodded a little, slowly standing before picking Edmund up and into his arms, being as careful as he could, but Edmund still choked harshly, biting down hard on his lip to keep back a scream.

Peter followed Orious out into the corridor and down the hall, before Orious pushed them up a flight of stairs. "Go onto the roof." He said. "A gryffin will meet you there and take you straight back to Cair Paravel, where your sister will be waiting with her cordial."

"What about you?" Peter asked quickly.

Orious smiled a little. "I'm going out the same way I came in." He told him. "Now go."

Peter hesitated only slightly, before nodding and hurrying up the stairs with Edmund in his arms.

Just like Orious had said the gryffin was there waiting, and Peter gripped Edmund tightly as he climbed onto its back.

With the speed the gryffin was flying, they got back to Cair within five hours, although Edmund had passed out about three hours in, leading to Peter becoming extremely worried.

He didn't waste a second in running up the path to the main gates, and he was greeted immediately by Lucy, who already had her cordial in her hands.

"What happened?" Lucy asked firmly as Peter lay his unconscious brother on the floor.

Peter swallowed hard. "He had, probably still has, heat stroke, his back is extremely burnt by the sun, and well, fifteen lashes."

Lucy nodded, kneeling beside her older brother and opening his mouth a little, allowing one drop of the cordial to fall between his lips.

"It won't get rid of the heat stroke." Lucy mumbled. "If he still has it."

"I think he does," Peter mumbled. "But if he drinks plenty of water and we keep him cool, he should be okay."

Lucy nodded. "Let's take him upstairs." She breathed. "The lashes and burns are healed, he's okay."

Peter picked him up again, and within five minutes was laying him in his bed, making sure not to cover him with a warm duvet, and instead asking Lucy if she could get him a cold bowl of water and a cloth.

She agreed instantly and hurried off, only for Edmund to suddenly groan a second later.

"Ed?" Peter murmured, sitting slowly down beside him and waiting for his eyes to open. "Hey."

Edmund seemed confused for a moment, before he smiled weakly. "Hey." He whispered. "We made it home."

Peter nodded. "We did," He breathed. "Lucy healed you, but I fear you've still got heat stroke."

Edmund slowly nodded. "I still feel sick." He admitted.

"The fly home cooled you down definitely," Peter told him. "You're on the road to recovery."

Edmund smiled, taking hold of Peter's hand. "Thank you." He whispered.

Peter squeezed his hand back, nodding his head before smiling back. "Don't mention it."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆