265: His brothers blood - Part 2

September 22nd - Prompt - Concussion

-----------

Edmund groaned in pain as he was dumped in the cell, hitting the hard floor with a thud as his whole body flared in pain.

He lay there for a moment, hearing the door slam and lock before he glanced across at where he'd left his brother a few hours before.

He frowned a little... Peter was still asleep?

His brother's blood had stained the floor around him, making Edmund cringe, hard.

Swallowing hard, he took a deep breath. "P - Pete?" He choked, his throat protesting him speaking.

Peter didn't respond.

Edmund hesitated, before dragging himself over to his older brother, sobbing quietly at the pain this caused, and shuddering when he heard blood from the lashes on his back drip and splash onto the floor. "Peter?" He whispered.

Peter stayed asleep though, and Edmund was suddenly worried that he wasn't just asleep.

"Wake up Pete, come on." He choked, giving his brother a weak shake. "Up you get."

When Peter didn't wake, Edmund bit his lip... before he froze.

Peter had been punched, he'd been punched in the face and hit his head on the ground.

His head.

He was unconscious.

Concussion??

Edmund took a sharp intake of breath. "Peter?" He asked. "Come on, you have to wake up, you have to. Please." He paused and thought for a minute. "I'm hurt." He whispered. "I'm badly injured, I'm bleeding..."

He trailed off, sighing when he saw it hadn't done anything, before resting his head against Peter's shoulder. "You have to wake up Peter." He all but sobbed. "Your - Your head... please."

He could feel his eyes slipping shut, his breathing getting more slow as his body tried to make him sleep, but he forced himself awake...

For as long as he could anyway.

Within a minute, he'd joined Peter, the pain and the exhaustion becoming too much.

☆☆☆

Edmund was woken to a cold, damp cloth being pressed to hos forehead, and groaned a little at the feeling of cold against his burning skin.

"Shhhh."

Edmund frowned, he recognised that voice.

Taking a deep breath, he forced his eyes open, almost smiling when he saw Susan, sat beside him on the bed, the flannel held gently in her hand.

"Hey," She whispered softly. "How you feeling?"

"Sick." Edmund managed to choke out.

Susan sighed. "You came down with a fever after Lucy healed you." She explained. "You've been unconscious for a day."

Edmund lay there for a moment, playing back everything in his head, before his eyes went wide. "Peter!" He cried, trying to sit up.

Susan quickly held him down. "It's okay Ed," She murmured. "Lay down."

"No, you - you don't understand." Edmund argued weakly. "He hit his head - he wasn't waking up - concussion-"

"Ed, Peter's okay." Susan said quickly. "He's absolutely fine, Lucy healed him completely okay?"

Edmund froze, collapsing back against the pillows. "He's okay?" He mumbled.

Susan smiled gently. "Yes, he's fine." He breathed. "He was concussed, but plenty of rest and Lucy's cordial healed it, he's fine."

Edmund breathed a sigh of relief at this, nodding slowly. "Where is he?" He asked.

"Well, he's been sat at your side since he woke a few hours ago." Susan sighed. "I've just convinced him to go for a short walk, he looked like he could do with some fresh air."

Edmund nodded slowly, taking a deep breath. "Thank you," He whispered. "For rescuing us."

Susan chuckled gently, moping up the sweat on Edmunds neck with the cloth. "Don't mention it." She whispered.

The two looked up when the door opened, and Edmund couldn't help but smile when he saw Peter walk into the room.

Peter closed the door, before glancing over, looking beyond releived when he saw his brother awake. "Oh thank Aslan you're okay." He breathed, rushing over and sitting beside him.

Edmund smiled. "Thank Aslan you're alright." He muttered. "I was really scared you'd never wake up."

Peter's face fell, and he quickly pulled Edmund close. "We're both fine." He mumbled.

Edmund nodded slowly, but frowned when Peter pulled sharply away. "Did - Did they hurt you?" He whispered. "After - after I passed out?"

Edmund hesitated, swallowing hard but nodding a little.

Peter bit his lip, before looking up at Susan. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

Susan sighed. "It wasn't my place to." She told him.

Peter stared at her for a while, before looking back down at Edmund.

"I'm fine though Peter." Edmund said quickly before his brother could say anything. "My injuries have been healed, I'm just a bit sick is all."

Peter hesitated, before slowly nodding. "I'm so sorry you had to-"

"I know Peter." Edmund cut him off, slowly nodding his head. "I know..."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆