248: You still have that?

September 5th - Prompt: Fur coat

---------

"Why don't we stop by at the beavers house?" Peter murmured as he fought his way through the snow.

Edmund, who was shivering, sighed. "I'm not that cold..." the sixteen year old said slowly.

Peter rolled his eyes. "We're stopping by on the way." He said. "We've got Lucy's gifts for them anyway, we'll just drop them off now instead of on the way back, you can get warm then."

Edmund nodded a little. "Alright then." He breathed, his teeth chattering.

Peter nodded, and the two made their way to the beavers.

Once they were in the house and had given the beavers Lucy's gifts, Peter turned to Mrs.Beaver. "You haven't got anything to warm Ed up with, have you?" He asked.

Edmund rolled his eyes, but he was still shivering.

"Oh you poor dear!" Mrs.Beaver exclaimed, "Of course, of course, just give me a sec."

Edmund glanced at Peter, and waited patiently  for Mrs.Beaver to return, and when she did his eyes went wide.

Peter let out a laugh. "You still have that?!" He said.

Mrs.Beaver chuckled. "You never know when it could come in useful." She said gently. "And today is has indeed come in useful, here you go dear."

Edmund took the fur coat with a gratful smile, wrapping it around himself... he'd forgotten how warm it was, and he instantly felt better.

"Well thank you." Peter said with a smile.

Mrs.Beaver smiled back. "Don't you mention it." She said happily.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡