13: Snowman

Because she was anxious, she used all of her strength to push Madam Qin three steps back. She staggered a little before she managed to stabilize herself.

Xie Liqing didn't have time to care about her. He took a few steps forward and timidly stopped in front of Madam Leng. "Chanyu, I ..."

Madam Leng looked at him and then at Qin Lou Yue, her lips curving into a meaningful smile. "How come I never knew you had a deep relationship with the imperial concubine?"

This flat and indifferent sentence made Xie Liqing's scalp tingle. He was most afraid of the neither hot nor cold of the Madam Leng. It made him feel as if he was being tortured in a frying pan, unable to move up. Sometimes he would rather she had a hysterical temper, or scolded him, and asked what was going on. However, she was not that kind of person. No matter how angry she was, she would only give you a cold look. Even though you didn't do anything bad, she would still look at you with a guilty conscience.

Xie Liqing repeatedly waved his hands as he tried to explain. "I just came out of the study and happened to run into the imperial concubine on the way. I was just about to go find you when you came."

It was obvious in Madam Leng's eyes that she did not believe him. She only said a few sentences. She's not blind.

If nannie Chen hadn't gone to the main room to find her, she would've been worried that something would happen to Madam Qin. Thus, she came to the study to discuss countermeasures with him, so how could she have bumped into the scene just now? Who would have thought that the concubine of Dongping wouldn't let go of her husband, that shocked Madam Leng.

What did the two of them have that she didn't know about?

Looking at the expression on Madam Qin's face, it seemed as though she had been wronged.

Madam Qin was helped forward by the girl and stood behind Xie Liqing. She forced a smile. "I only wanted to invite him to a snack in the pavilion because I happened to pass by this place and saw how hard he was working."

Madam Leng lifted her lips and replied politely, "Today, it's snowing heavily, and concubine won't pass by here when you return to your room. It seems that concubine has a great deal of leisure and elegance, which is why you happened to pass by."

Madam Qin's face stiffened and her smile almost died on her face.

Madam Leng looked at Xie Liqing and coldly stared at him for a while. Xie Liqing almost couldn't resist it and wanted to admit his mistake, but a smile appeared in her eyes. "The concubine said you worked hard, but why didn't you tell me? If you really find it hard, I'll let a few maids serve you."

Although she was smiling, her smile did not reach her eyes. There was a hint of anger and threat in her smile.

Xie Liqing had been with her husband for more than ten years, so how could he not know her temperament? If he dared to say yes, then he definitely wouldn't be able to live a good life in the next few days. He shook his head. "No, no." "How could I possibly find it tiring to have my wife here?"

"Why do I remember that you don't like snack?"

He nodded approvingly. "My lady remembers well. I really don't like it."

On the other side, Madam Qin's face was pale. It was even paler than the snowflakes falling from the sky. She stood in front of them, frowning in disbelief. "Cousin doesn't like snack?" "I remember that you used to like to eat the Sweet Sour Lotus Root Starch Cake the most. Every time I made it, you would always ..."

Today, she had borrowed the kitchen to make the Sweet Sour Lotus Root Starch Cake. She thought that he would really like it, but didn't think that he didn't even spare it a glance.