70: Rival in Love

After lying in bed all day, Xie Xun recovered her spirit and got out of bed.

It had only been a day, but she seemed to have lost weight. Her chin was pointed, and she was no longer as plump as she used to be.

Madam Leng let servants cook chicken soup with sea cucumber for nourishment in the kitchen. She drank it cleanly by herself. Even when she was sick, her appetite was surprisingly good.

Xie Zhen decided to stay the night and planed to return to the Sixth Prince's estate until Xie Xun get well.

At night, the family dined in the central room. The Duke and the old lady sat at the head of the household, and only the second and fourth branches came. The wives of the first and the third branches, on the pretext of being sick, did not come over to eat together.

This was not surprising. Last time, they had been slapped by Yan Yu's imperial bodyguards and lost all face. How could they still be willing to appear in front of them?

Thus, the meal was rather peaceful.

Gao Xun was present, because Xie Liqing let him stay. Xie Rong would take Xie Xun to the general's mansion to thank them, so he could take him with him back to the army camp.

It was difficult for Gao Xun to refuse, so he had no choice but to agree.

Perhaps because Xie Xun just recovered from her illness, Xie Liqing was in a good mood, so he began to tell interesting stories about them when they were young.

They had quite a few memories in Qing Zhou. If he were to speak of it, he wouldn't be able to finish even after three days and three nights.

Xie Liqing smiled and said, "Gao Xun had been in our family all day. One day, others asked about you, they thought you were my son ..."

He then laughed and blurted out, "I thought you and ..."

Before he could finish his words, he was glared at by Madam Leng and fell silent immediately.

Xie Liqing covered his lips and coughed, pretending to be calm. "I thought you would be like Rong'er and take the official road. I didn't expect you to only be interested in military camps."

Gao Xun sat next to Xie Rong, and on his other side was Yan Yu. He smiled and said, "I thought this was a shortcut, but I didn't expect to take the wrong one. Now, it's too late to go back on your words."

There was something in his words that others didn't understand, but Yan Yu, who was beside him, looked at him with a puzzled look. He frowned, then turned around and picked up something for Xie Zhen. "Eat more."

Xie Zhen looked at the green vegetables in the bowl. She wanted to pick it out, but she couldn't do it in front of everyone. "I..."

Gao Xun looked over and subconsciously said, " Ah Zhen doesn't like to eat asparagus."

As soon as he finished speaking, he saw Yan Yu's expression darken.

After a moment of silence, Xie Liqing reacted quickly. Smiling to smooth things over, he said, " Gao Xun's better to have good memory. After eating a few meals with us, we've remembered everyone's preferences."

Do you remember what I can't eat? "

Gao Xun recovered his wits and forced a smile. "Uncle, you can't eat spicy food. Once you eat it, you'll get rashes all over your body."

Xie Liqing was rather gratified. "You remember pretty well."

Speaking of this, he had no choice but to mention the embarrassing incident of that year.