85 One Year

Ever since Gao Xun warned her to be careful of the people in the residence, she wanted to find out if there were any spies sent by the First Prince in the residence.

Amongst the people on duty in Zhanyue Court, Shang Yu and Hong Mei, as well as the two nannies were brought here by her from her mother's family. 

After Qing Xia left, what remained were Sun Ya, Cui Shan, Lv Ao and the other four biddies.

She asked Shang Yu to pay careful attention to these few people, and Shang Yu observed them for a few days, but she didn't find anything strange.

Xie Zhen told her and Shuang Yan not to relax and continued to observe.

As the weather gradually turned to winter, the capital's weather became colder and colder day by day. Xie Zhen was afraid of the cold, hence she quickly lit a fire in the house. Even so, she still dressed very heavily, wearing a crane coat over her white fur jacket and a rabbit fur cloak. Her nose was usually red from winter, like a radish.

Yan Yu would write to her every other month, explaining his situation in the Wu Jiang.

The two of them had unknowingly separated for close to a year, and the latest letter that was delivered to Xie Zhen just happened to be from half a month ago.

Yan Yu could not take it anymore, he could only write one line on the letter.

"Little Lamb, I missed you so much."

Xie Zhen held onto the letter, and she could not help but smile foolishly.

The border trial was a very tempering place. She could feel that he had changed over the past year, and his speech was no longer as impetuous as before. 

The letters he wrote to her became calmer and calmer, gradually becoming more manly. There were many things that he needed to take care of in Wu Jiang, so he had to quickly mature himself in order to solve the consecutive problems. 

Like a seed that had sprouted at night, her big brother Xiao Yu had grown up in a place that she didn't know, and he had agreed to miss her.

Xie Zhen wrote a letter asking when he would be back, and even told him about Ouyang Yi's matter. "It's all thanks to Big Brother Gao Xun helping you clean up this mess. "

She knew he would be angry, but she wanted to make him angry.

Who asked him to leave her in capital for so long? There was no point in leaving her here.

Occasionally, Xie Zhen would call Xie Xun over. The two of them would either sit in the in the porch to boil tea and eat dim sum, or go to the Spring Blossom Castle to sit on the swing and watch the turtle. 

Xie Zhen had even invited Princess He Yi and Gu Ruyi to his residence, and Xie Xun had brought Zhong Rou over as well. The few of them built a few stoves in the pavilion and chatted as they roasted the flames.

Xie Xun and Zhong Rou were very close, most likely because Zhong Rou had saved her life. She was not afraid of Zhong Rou, so every time they met, she would sweetly call him "Sister Zhong". 

Zhong Rou was just like Madam Leng, a person with a cold expression and a warm heart, especially towards this kind of sweet lady, she was unable to resist them. At the start, she was a little uncomfortable, but later on she slowly accepted it.

At this time, Xie Xun brought over two sweet potatoes from the kitchen, and threw them into the brazier to roast them. She knew how to eat without a teacher, so she had a lot of thoughts on how to eat.

Very quickly, the pavilion started to smell the sweet potato. She leaned over to smell it, and saliva was about to come out: "It smells so good."

Zhong Rou asked from the side: "Are you familiar with it?"