60: Fishing

A few days ago, the sixth prince had just married, and the bride was the Duke Dingguo's Mansion's fifth girl, Xie Zhen. So Zhang Shang had some impression of this name.

When Gao Xun heard this, he was stunned for a long time.

"What is the Duke Dingguo's Mansion?"

"You said they're in Duke Dingguo's Mansion?"

Due to his astonishment, he jumped up from the ground, attracting the gazes of many people around him.

Zhong Shang put his hands behind his head and gave him a strange look. "What do you want?"

"You know them?"

After Gao Xun calmed down, he sat back down beside him. It was unknown whether he was shocked or not, but he did not say a word for a long time.

To him, it was indeed a big blow.

Before he joined army, he mentioned it to Xie Zhen, and soon he was in the army.

After that, he was unable to contact the outside world for a long time. When he returned, he found out that the Xie family had moved out of Qing Zhou.

He had asked around the Xie family and found out that Xie Liqing had returned to the capital to report on his duty. He didn't know when they would return.

At that time, Gao Xun suffered a blow, and his entire life went dark.

His best friend had left without a word, and never came back.

This time, it was his favorite little girl. Now that she had left without a word, would she still come back?

In general, it only needed about three months to go to the capital to report on his duty only needed. Gao Xun waited in Qing Zhou for three months, but they didn't come back.

He had thought about it. Since she wouldn't return, he would come to the capital to find her.

He hadn't found her yet, but she turned out to be the Fifth Miss of the Duke Dingguo's Mansion?

The Duke Dingguo's Mansion was an influential family in the capital. In the past, Duke Dingguo's grandfather, Xie Xin, had gone through life and death with the late Emperor Yuan Zong, and was loyal to him. Emperor Yuan Zong finally retrieved the territory of Da Jing, and Xie Xin could be called the meritorious statesman.

Dozens of years had passed since then, and although the Duke Dingguo's Mansion was not as grand as it used to be, it was still an unreachable one.

Back then in Qing Zhou, he had never heard her mention it.

Gao Xun sat in a daze.

Zhong Shang pushed his arm, making him come to his sense. "What the hell's going on?"

Gao Xun wiped his face and smiled bitterly. "It's a long story."

Originally, Zhong Shang was not interested in this matter, but from his reaction, it seemed that he had some inside information.

Zhong Shang raised his eyebrows and grinned meaningfully. "Oh?"

"Love story?"

He thought that Gao Xun would deny it, but not to think that he would remain silent for such a long time. Such a reaction...

Zhong Shang asked in surprise, "It's true?"

"I've liked her since I was seven years old," Gao Xun admitted.

It's been almost ten years.

"..."

Zhong Shang was surprised, Xie Liqing's eldest daughter Xie Zhen has married, could he be talking about the youngest daughter Xie Xun?