61: Gui Shui

Xie Xun was lured away by a plate of jujube paste sponge cake.

According to Zhong Shang, Gao Xun was in a teahouse nearby.

She thought it would be a long time since she saw him last time, and she wanted to say something to him, so it was fine to meet him again.

At the time Xie Xun arrived, Gao Xun was sitting in a booth, unsettling, and occasionally getting up to look out the window.

When the door was pushed open from the outside, he stopped abruptly and looked toward the door.

But it was Xie Xun who came in. She was taller than last year and wore a pink and white dress and a plain, flowered bast that showed the slender figure of a young woman with nutmeg.

Gao Xun did not give up and kept staring behind her. However, there was Zhong Shang and the servant maids behind her, no one else.

Zhong Shang took a seat on the ground floor of his own accord, without disturbing their conversation.

Inside, Xie Xun saw it was him and asked incredulously, "When did Brother Gao Xun come to the capital?"

"Why are you here?"

Gao Xun looked away and invited her to sit on opposite side of the couch. "Ah Zhen..."

She immediately realized it, "My sister didn't come."

A cup of tea was placed in front of each of them, and the fragrance wafted in the air.

Gao Xun sipped the tea with disappointment. He had thought Xie Zhen would come. He had a lot of things to talk to her.

Why didn't she come?

Didn't she want to see him?

Gao Xun put down his teacup and said slowly, "I just arrived in the capital half a month ago ..."

He explained the whole story to her, succinctly, and finished it in a moment.

After it, Xie Xun seemed not fully understand. "So, do you plan to stay in the capital in the future?"

Gao Xun was silent, slowly nodding his head.

Xie Zhen became the fifth girl of Duke Dingguo's Mansion, so she would definitely not return to Qing Zhou in the future. He had to do something in the capital to have the qualifications to marry her.

He opened his mouth to say something, but finally asked, "Why didn't you tell me when you left?"

Xie Xun took a sip of tea with guiltily, her eyes flickering. "By then, you were already in the army."

"Sis wanted to leave you a letter, but she was afraid that you wouldn't be able to get it in the army, so she gave up."

He bitterly said, "If the army doesn't receive the letter, then where will the letter go?"

Xie Xun seemed to suddenly understand.

He continued, "In the past, we were playmates in Qing Zhou, but now, in the capital, it is even difficult for us to meet each other."

Xie Xun understood the meaning behind his words. He was blaming them for not revealing their identities ....

But he didn't ask them then, did he?

Xie Xun didn't know how to comfort others. After a short pause, she said, "If big brother Gao Xun wants to meet us, you can just go to the Duke Dingguo's Mansion."

Gao Xun smiled and said, "OK," and when he saw she had finished her tea, he lifted the teapot and poured more tea for her.

He did not beat around the bush, as he had when he was a child, and he was not stingy with the expression of love for Xie Zhen.