69: The Truth

Yan Yu was still worried. Ever since Gao Xun appeared, Yan Yu had been on alert.

He remembered how much Gao Xun had loved Xie Zhen when he was a boy, and Gao Xun had companied her since he left her many years ago. He didn't know how far their relationship had gone and not want to know it.

He carried Xie Zhen to his horse, put on her curtain hat with a wave of his hand, and followed slowly behind the carriage of the Duke Dingguo's Mansion, neither fast nor slow.

Xie Zhen didn't know what he was doing, but she felt uncomfortable sitting on the horse. She rarely rode a horse, and although her brother had taught her a few times before, it ground her legs until they hurt and after that, she never rode a horse again.

She gripped Yan Yu's arm tightly and subconsciously looked towards the carriage of the Duke Dingguo's Mansion. "I want to take a carriage ..."

Yan Yu held her in his arms, holding the reins with both hands, and asked unhappily, "Won't it be good to ride with me?"

She pursed her lips and shifted uncomfortably. "I want to take care of Ah Xun."

"She has my mother-in-law and servant maids." he said.

At the front, Xie Liqing and Xie Rong were riding on horsebacks on either side of the carriage. Gao Xun was walking beside Xie Liqing, and the two of them occasionally exchanged a few words with each other.

For some reason, Gao Xun suddenly turned around and looked at them. His gaze didn't linger for long. He only smiled lightly and then turned his head around.

Yan Yu could not help hugging Xie Zhen more tightly, his thin lips curled into a line, his eyes staring straight ahead, but his mind was already far away. "What did Gao Xun tell you?"

There was a wind on the road, blowing away the veil in front of Xie Zhen's face, and she tried to steady herself, but she didn't notice the jealousy in his voice. "Nothing..."

"I just asked when he came to the capital ..."

"When he told me he was going to join the army, I thought it was on a whim. I didn't think he'd do it so well today."

Yan Yu snorted lightly, his eyes fell on the person in front of him, "What else did he tell you?"

Before Xie Zhen could cover the veil, a gust of wind blew at her, exposing her sharp and smooth chin. She quickly covered it with her hand and said in a delicate voice, "Don't ask anymore questions ..."

"My hat is about to fall off. "

Yan Yu lowered her head and saw that she was sitting in front of him with her hands holding the curtain hat, unable to steady herself. She was afraid that she would fall down at any moment.

He helped her straighten her curtain hat and leaned over to shield her from most of the wind, continuing the conversation. "What else did he tell you?"

This was a thorn in his heart. If he did not ask clearly, then it would only get deeper and deeper, until he could not even pull it out.

Xie Zhen thought for a while. "I forgot."

They were all trivial topics, either about Xie Xun or about how she was doing lately.

Generally speaking, Gao Xun didn't seem to mention her marriage. Did he not know that she was married?

If he knew that she was married to Yan Yu, he would be surprised, wouldn't he?

Why was it that when the two of them met just now, it was as if they didn't know each other.

Xie Zhen couldn't figure it out, so she pulled Yan Yu's sleeve and asked, "Does Gao Xun recognize you?"