118

Hearing this, the midwife was stunned.

It was regarded as an extremely unlucky thing when a woman was giving birth to a baby. Even the men of ordinary officials would have to avoid it, let alone the relatives of the emperor. Wasn't it inappropriate for the princess to ask the prince to come back now?

The midwife's face showed hesitation, but just as she was about to persuade her, "Princess, don't be worried ..."

Before she finished speaking, Shuang Yu turned and walked out, "I will send someone to the crown prince's mansion!"

Before the midwife could stop him, she was gone.

Shuang Yu had her own plans in mind, so she definitely did not act on impulse. Looking at how much importance Yan Yu had placed on Xie Zhen in the past few days, he would definitely be watching over at the side if Xie Zhen was giving birth to a baby. On the contrary, if they didn't tell him just because it was unlucky, he would probably be angry.

That was why she immediately informed a servant to head to the crown prince's mansion and told An Wang that the princess was about to give birth to a baby.

The servant dragged a horse and rushed to the crown prince's mansion.

At that time, Yan Yu was still in Yan Tao's study, the two of them took up their respective rooms, separated by a jade bead curtain, and in front of them was a teacup with the Water Immortal pattern on it. Unfortunately, ever since Yan Yu sat on this armchair, he had not even tasted the tea.

He slightly lowered his head, his bony fingers holding onto the palisander's cloud patterned armrest, and his thumb slowly moved along the pattern on the armrest, not saying a word, as if he was thinking about something.

He did not speak, and Yan Tao stayed silent in the study room.

The two of them remained silent for a long time. Finally, Yan Tao slowly flipped open a book with a slight smile on his lips as he looked towards Yan Yu: "Sixth brother, have you considered it carefully?"

As he said that, he put down the book, crossed his hands, and leaned on the table, looking like he was quietly waiting for a good song.

Yan Yu's eyelashes slightly trembled, but she did not raise her head, and was unwilling to look at him the entire time. Her voice was cold and aloof, as if she did not hold any emotion in it: "It has been a long time since Second Brother had such a thought, right?"

The words was like a stone into a calm lake, causing ripples.

Yan Tao smiled noncommittally, feeling that this little brother was intelligent and did not hide anything. "Indeed, this idea has been in my mind for a long time, but I have never said it out loud."

Yan Tao was afraid of him, and he started to be afraid of him even before he became the emperor.

When he thought about it carefully, he realized that it was not that extraordinary. Yan Yu had performed too well in the Lanling Country, and she had defeated the Western Yi army time and time again. Yan Tao had not even ascended the throne, but there were already rumors saying that he was more suitable for the throne.

Therefore, the Crown Prince invited him to his house and discussed the conditions with him.

This condition was very tempting. When Yan Tao promised to be able to ascend to the throne in the future, he gave Yan Yu a few rich and prosperous towns in the southeast, and gave him the title of Prince. He could personally govern a few towns, and the officials in the cities could disobey the emperor's orders and directly take Yan Yu's orders. In other words, among these towns, his position was equivalent to the emperor.