72: Entrusting

When they returned to the sixth prince's Mansion, it only took for an incense stick to burn. Because the driver was in a hurry, driving hour was shortened by half.

After getting off the carriage, the steward led Yan Yu and Xie Zhen to the Pavilion Changqing, "Your Highness and the Empress please come with me."

Not long after they entered the courtyard, a person arrived on horseback, barely stopping at the entrance of the mansion.

Gao Xun dismounted from his horse and stopped a servant to ask, "I was the old friend of sixth prince, and we met by chance just now. But he just left in a hurry before we could even say a few words. May I ask if anything happened?"

The servant, a porter at the gate, put his hands in his sleeves and looked him up and down, and seeing that he did not seem to be lying, said: "There is indeed something wrong."

There was a mother and a daughter coming into the mansion for no apparent reason. Since the sixth prince did not hide their identities, all the servants knew that they were the sixth prince's aunt and cousin when he was in exile.

However, no one really liked them. They ate and drank in the mansion, and even ordered them about as well as shout at them.

It was their duty to serve, but that cousin lady was truly a bit too impolite. She treated herself as if she were the master of sixth prince's mansion.

After all, the masters in the sixth prince's Mansion were only the sixth prince and the Prince's wife.

The servants were secretly discussing about them, guessing what kind of scheme she and Madam Li had, and how long they would stay here.

If they really planned to stay here permanently, could the Prince's wife bear with it?

Gao Xun was right. He brought the horse over and asked, "What happened?"

The servant glanced at the courtyard, covering his mouth with his hand as he said in a low voice, "A few days ago, a mother and a daughter came to the mansion. It is said that they are His Highness's previous aunt and cousin."

"The aunt lady seemed to be dying, so the steward asked His Highness back to discuss the matter."

Aunt?

Cousin?

Could it be what he thought it was?

Gao Xun frowned and deliberately asked, "His Highness's mother is imperial concubine Hui, and imperial concubine Hui is the daughter of Minister Bai. How come I've never heard of him having other daughters ..."

The servant revealed a "you don't know" expression, and probably because he had been holding it in in his heart for a long time, he could casually catch a person and talk for a long time, "His Highness has been living in seclusion for a period of time, and these two were his relatives at that time ...

"Now they know that our prince has honorable identity, so they came."

"I'd say how shameless they are." He revealed a defiant expression.

"Since His Highness has no relationship with them, saving their lives is already merciful ..."

The servant on the other side were still chattering away, but Gao Xun had already fallen into a trance.

The mother and the daughter pair mentioned by the servant were most likely Madam Li and Ouyang Yi.

He had some impression of these two. Because of Ouyang Yi's domineering personality, he had a deep impression of her. At that time, she was living in the Li's Mansion.