36: Talent and Beauty

Actually, insomnia isn't scary. What's scary is that you've had a good sleep.

This was the state that Yan Tao had been in recently. When he woke up in the night, this feeling was especially obvious.

It was not unbearable, but after a few days, he had become so haggard that even the Crown Princess could feel that something was wrong with him.

When he was dressed in the morning, Ling Xiangwu looked at him worriedly. "Your Highness doesn't look well. Are you having trouble sleeping at night?"

He nodded slightly and pinched the space between his brows. "Is it that serious?"

Ling Xiangwu smiled and put the Dragon Marked Jade Sash on him. "It's not serious. I was watching you carefully. If it was someone else, they might not have been able to figure it out."

Yan Tao curled his lips and only said that his beloved concubine was considerate.

In the eyes of others, the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess were a pair of lovers. The servants had never seen them argue before, and they always treated each other with respects and smiles.

But only they themselves knew that it was not really a love, just a resignation they had no choice about.

The Crown Prince was gentle. He didn't have foresight as the First Prince, who knew well how to judge the situation, and to build a good foundation for himself early on.

Many officials of the imperial court were besieged by the First Prince and became his backers. The Crown Prince, however, was one step too late, and he had fallen into a passive situation.

Yan Tao had done a lot in the past few years. In order to win the hearts of the people, he married Ling Xiangwu, who was the granddaughter of Imperial Tutor Ling.

Imperial Tutor Ling was an old official of the imperial court, and his words held weight. In this way, not only would he win over the Ling Family, he would gain a good reputation that respected his teacher, and he would use this to win over more officials.

He would never let go of such a good thing like killing two birds with one stone.

It turned out that his decision was correct. Over the years, his wings had gradually expanded and he was no longer being held back. Instead, he began to prepare his counterattack.

His relationship with Ling Xiangwu was neither good nor bad. Even though the crown prince's residence had constantly been sent other concubines, he had always been courteous to her. He had given her everything that a husband could give his wife.

Because his mother's relationship with his father was extremely tough, Yan Tao had always believed that this was the best way to get along for a husband and his wife. There was no argument, only obedience.

He was born in the royal family, so he had long given up any hope of love.

During breakfast, Ling Xiangwu personally scooped up a bowl of yam wolfberry porridge and gave it to him, "Later, I will have the servants to buy some agallochum on the street. I remember that Your Highness was able to sleep more soundly with this kind of fragrance."

Yan Tao did not object, "That's good. Do it."

Ling Xiangwu smiled and said yes.

He went out after breakfast and said that he would not be back for dinner that evening. Ling Xiangwu stood in front of the door to see him off.

He led the servants forward for more than ten steps. When he looked back, there was no one in front of the door. His Crown Princess had already entered the room.