22: Argument

This time, Li Yu knew that she was truly angry.

But why was she angry? Because he didn't help her? Didn't she always have a smile on her face?

However, no matter how much she loved to laugh, she had a temper.

She was a protective person, and would never back down when it came to matters related to her family. She could not bear to watch Ouyang Yi bully Ah Xun and order her around. That would make her very angry.

Li Yu was not on her side, and he was on the same side as Ouyang Yi. This made her even more unhappy. She thought back to how he had left her in the study with Ouyang Yi to take a look at the bird, and then she pushed Li Yu aside and said, "Brother Xiao Yu, if you don't want to play with me, I won't play with you anymore! Go away, I want to go home!"

As Xie Xun continued to shed tears, she turned her head to glare at the lapdog on the floor. "Don't be smug, we don't care about you!"

Not only was the dog not intimidated by her presence, but it barked even louder.

Xie Xun was timid and wailing even more.

"Please watch over your dog," Xie Rong said to Ouyang Yi as he comforted Xie Xun.

Ouyang Yi put her hands on her hips and revealed a complacent expression. "If it insists on screaming, how can I control it?"

Originally, she thought Xie Rong would have nothing to do with her, but she didn't expect that he rolled up his sleeves expressionlessly and said, "Since you can't control it, let me help you manage it."

Before Ouyang Yi could understand it, he carried one of the dog's hind legs in one hand and a piece of Xie Zhen's silk in the other as he walked under a prune tree.

The dog began to bark in alarm, but then it was lifted up into the air, and a leg was lifted upside down, without a trace of majesty.

Ouyang Yi chased after him. "What are you doing? Give me my Qiu Qiu!"

Xie Rong acted as if he didn't hear anything. He used a piece of silk to coil the dog's back twice, hanging it upside down on the prune tree and tied the silk with a dead knot.

The dog flapped its forelegs and wailed in a sorry posture.

Ouyang Yi was fuming with rage as she argued with Xie Rong. However, Xie Rong remained unmoved and had no intention of letting the dog go. She could only turn around and beg Li Yu for help, "Cousin, quickly get someone to chase them away!"

She turned her head and noticed that Li Yu's expression wasn't good either.

Li Yu was pushed away by Xie Zhen just now and staggered two steps back. He had never been treated like this before, so he was stunned for a moment, "You're not playing with me anymore?"

"No, you bullied Ah Xun with Ouyang. I'm not playing with you anymore!"

Her aura was extremely strong, and it was obvious that she was really angry. However, it was unknown whether it was because Xie Xun had been bullied, or because Li Yu had left her behind.

She had made up her mind to go home, but Li Yu had no face to ask her to stay, so he stood in front of her, refusing to leave.

She met his eyes for a moment, then cleverly walked around him and continued on out of prune garden.

Li Yu still didn't know what he was wrong about, but he didn't want her to leave. After all, it's been a long time since they met last time, and they had been playing well, right? He took hold of her hand and blurted out, "Mother let you stay for dinner, and Aunt Leng has agreed."