27: The Family

Knowing that the Second Master was to return, the Duke Dingguo's household had already made preparations.

At this moment, the Old Granny and the Old Master were leading the eldest branch, the third branch and fourth branch to the main house, all waiting there. The servants would report where the Second Master had been every quarter of an hour. At noon, they finally heard the servant say, "they're here, they're at the door!"

The Old Master couldn't sit still any longer. Leaning on his crutches, he was about to head to the door to welcome them when the Old Granny coughed softly. "Then let's hurry up and invite them in."

Hearing this, the servant hurriedly went to the door to welcome him.

A few moments later, a voice came from the courtyard. Everyone looked towards the back of the screen wall which was painted with crane, deer and spring.

Xie Liqing and Madam Leng led the way, followed by Xie Rong, and then Xie Zhen and Xie Xun, the two little girls. After so many years, Xie Liqing had become more and more mature after being tempered by the culture of the Qingzhou Province. He had become much darker and stronger than he was nine years ago, but he now looked more like a man who could support the heavens and the earth. Madam Leng, who was beside him, did not change at all. This was the best gift to a woman. A woman in her thirties still looked like a twenty-something year old girl. She had white lips and teeth, her skin as white as snow. She didn't know how to take care of herself normally, so it was no wonder that Xie Liqing loved her so much.

The whole family had grown up well, and the parents were all in good shape. Naturally, their children were also very pleasing to the eye.

And the most eye-catching, must be the last one, Xie Zhen, wearing a white embroidered peony fox fur cape. A slight smile hung on her lips as she absent-mindedly looked forward. Her goose egg face was like a beautiful jade in the sunlight. Xie Xun, who was beside her, said something to her. She lowered her head and smiled. At that moment, there seemed to be the sound of flowers blooming around her.

She had a sweet smile since she was young. No matter how angry you were, the moment you saw her smile, you would lose any temper.

This kind of beauty was an innate wealth. Others could not imitate it and could only envy it.

Actullly Xie Xun didn't say anything funny, she just asked, "Where is this?"

When she left the capital at the age of three, she didn't have much of an impression of this place, much less remember it. That place was too unfamiliar to her. Although it was luxurious and magnificent, it was still not comparable to the small residence in the Qinghou Province. Although the family in the Qingzhou Province was small, it was more like a family.

Xie Zhen looked at her and pinched her soft cheek. "Ah Xun, this is the Duke Dingguo's Mansion."

Xie Xun did not know what the Duke Dingguo's Mansion was. She had heard from Leng that they also had a family in the capital, with grandparents and aunts and uncles. When she looked up, she saw that there were a lot of people sitting in the main hall, and all eyes were on them. She was a timid girl, so she quietly hid behind Xie Zhen.

"Don't be afraid, they don't eat people," Xie Zhen held her hands, and told her.

Xie Xun is still young and doesn't understand the meaning of this sentence, but Xie Zhen knows clearly.

She was five years old when she left, and the ordinary child had long since forgotten it. It was probably because she had been so impressed at that time that she could not forget it now even if she wanted to.

Just as she was thinking, they arrived at the main hall.

Everyone stood up to welcome them, and the Duke Dingguo sighed with emotion, "You've finally returned. How have you been these past few years in the Qingzhou?"